Salary and offer/package questions - Part 2 - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 5th August 2013, 03:09 PM

dizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond repute
1157 likes received
792 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uae. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nspm View Post
Dear Friends,

I've received a job offer to move to Dubai and I really want to know if I can have a good life and take care of my family with the conditions that were offered. I would really appreciate your help and experience.

My job offer include:

Base salary: 185000 AED per year
Accomodation Allowance: 33000 per year
Car Allowance: 18000 AED per year
Health Insurance: Around 4000 AED per year
Flyback to my home country (Europe): maximum of 12000 AED per year - paid at occurrence

With a monthly income of: 15416 + 2750 + 1500 = 19600 AED, can I have a good life (save some money) and raise my family? I have one wife (at the beginning she won't be working, just taking care of my kid), 1 kid (1 year old) and 2 cats.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards.

NM
I agree with Zed, you may be able to rent a studio or small 1 bedroom but you won't save lots. Is your wife panning on working? Also keep in mind that nursery and school fees are hideously expensive, and once your son is school aged this will make things very difficult unless your employer has agreed on paying for this later on.

Also you don't say what kind of job is this so is impossible to tell you if is a fair offer or not.