Salary and offer/package questions - Part 2 - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 1st August 2013, 03:47 PM

fcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond reputefcjb1970 has a reputation beyond repute
381 likes received
70 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCRS View Post
Thank you for quick reply. I approached my tax guy and he is not an expert in expat taxes. Is there a tax firm in US or UAE whom you may have used can help with understanding the tax implications/exemptions? Yeah....I have a townhome and if we decide to move then we plan on renting it out. Once again...thanks for your help.
There is someone that advertises in the Classified section (link towards top of page). I have never used their services, though. I did the research myself, and I did miss the thing about Roth contributions which caused some headaches my first year. Had to have the money taken out of my account, bunch of forms with my broker to deal with.

One thing I did when I was researching was to use my tax software and go through a bunch of scenarios to try and get an understanding of as much as I could.