My opinions below:
1) For 489, there are 266 places left for invitation for Civil Engineering occupation. For 190, I believe VIC does not have that profession on the list.
2) As long as your total points (including sponsor points) exceed 60, experience is not necessary.
3) 489 invitations will be issued once the 189 EOI's have been cleared for that particular round. Therefore, it is not very certain when this will happen provided the 266 places that are left.
4) The timeline to a grant is dependent on various factors such as the completeness of an application (includes PCC and medicals submitted as well), the priority of processing (190 holds more priority over others) and if any dependents are included. One can expect around 4-6 months for it to get finalized.
5) Over the past years, the occupation had been flagged but it still was included the following year. So yes, highly likely it will still be there.
Hope this helps (the above infor is from reading extensively on forums and websites).