The Rent Committee - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 16th July 2013, 11:38 AM

dizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond reputedizzyizzy has a reputation beyond repute
1158 likes received
792 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uae. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverClover
I have a (hopeful!) conclusion to my saga!

My appointment was scheduled for 9.45am today, but I didn't get seen until around noon. It was a long wait, but worth it!

My landlady's power of attorney turned up to represent her.

It was all over very quickly - the judge went over the paperwork, the PoA tried to argue points, but it all went in my favour! The landlady has to renew my contract on the same terms for another year, and they have to deduct the court fees from the cost of the rent.

So, she wanted to raise the rent by 3000dhs... now she's going to be getting nearly 3000dhs less because she wouldn't settle outside of the Rent Committee.

Yay! Very happy news.

And it was a wonderfully smooth process from start to finish. I'd definitely recommend that anyone who's having landlord troubles visit - it's worth it, even just for the advice they can give you.
Yay that's great news

Question, was your previous contract registered with Ejari?