Expats in Cavite Area - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 26th June 2013, 10:29 AM

neil36 is on a distinguished road
4 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Smile

Hi there,
I have been living in Manggahan for the past 5 yrs now.Manggahan is about 15-20 minutes from Dasmarinas (depending on traffic).From what I have seen there are plenty of condos or private houses being built or have been built already.As with the internet all service providers ( sun,globe,smart & pldt),I would recommend Globe.We have Globe Wireless Broadband here.We are based in the country although there are quite a few factories around and we are also on a schooling route as well.I am a British Expat living with my filipino wife and have a business here as well.When I first arrived in The Philippines,my first visa was a "Balikbayan Visa" which lasted for one year.During the that period,I applied for a "Probationary Visa".The only drawback is that you cannot leave during that period.During that time,I applied for "Permanent Residence Visa" which I had to go to Intramurous ( Immigration Department) a very short test by a lawyer and also applied for an A-Icard as well.The only time that we travel to Manila is when I have to pay a "Foreigners Tax" whichif I can remeber is about Php330 per year.

Regards
Neil

Last edited by Asian Spirit; 30th September 2013 at 03:56 AM.