Looking for architectural job in New zealand! - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 25th June 2013, 02:36 PM

topcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond repute
277 likes received
208 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punnu_arch View Post
Hi,
I am from India and completed my graduation (B.Arch) from one of the reputed university of India. I am interested in working new zealand! I have always dreamt of shifting there permanently but for that i need a job. I have an experience of 4 years in the architectural field, having worked on various Projects ranging from Residences to a Four Seasons Hotel. I have some experience on the Retail interiors of Hotel tower. I have also worked on some Interior Projects including Showrooms and BOH areas of Hotels. I am currently employed with one of the reputed MNC here.

can anybody suggest me any jobs in new zealand and hows the scene there?
Thanks in advance!!!

regards,
Puneet Sharma
Hi there - welcome to the Forum.
I'm afraid I don't know too much about the industry you're in, but it may be worth contacting New Zealand Institute of Architects

One issue you are likely to have is designing for the building code in New Zealand. Our code is such that all buildings must be built to be Earthquake proof to a specific level. This means that many houses are built with wooden or metal frames. Brick, if used, is to a great extent just the decorative cladding. Bigger buildings are also built to these standards, although I'd assume that they'd be using something different to the wooden frame!

Regardless, my guess is you'll have to take some additional training and exam to convert your qualification to one that's acceptable in NZ. The NZIA should be able to tell you what you need to do.