just out of interest - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 29th March 2009, 02:46 PM

Caz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond reputeCaz.I has a reputation beyond repute
306 likes received
890 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stravinsky View Post
Thats an interesting first post considering you dont know the poster and his views, who I'm pretty sure was using that just as a turn of phrase
Well, firstly, as you will note, that is why I used question marks in my first two sentences, as I was questioning why he used that particular turn of phrase. But, secondly, the phrase, "a child is not a meal ticket in Spain" referring as it does to social benefits here in Spain, in itself does tend to imply that the person posting believes there is a connection between single mothers claiming benefits and using children as an excuse not to work. Thirdly, having read a lot of posts on this site i was surprised to hear that expression from that particular person. But I am sure he is big enough and grown up enough to answer for himself, so let's see. And fourthly, its personally insulting, to be stereotyped in such a way, and I didnt think this site would encourage that.