just out of interest - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 29th March 2009, 02:09 PM

Stravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond reputeStravinsky has a reputation beyond repute
766 likes received
288 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz.I View Post
A meal ticket! What are you on about??!! You seriously believe that all single mothers who claim benefits are using the child as a meal ticket? Welfare benefits for single mothers who tend to be at a serious social disadvantage in society hardly constitute a meal ticket. The fact is, and I know it is because I actually live it, to bring up a child alone in any society which values the strong over the weak, means a constant fight for survival. Especially here in Spain where large families are deemed morally acceptable and deserving of some compassion (though not that much) - hence some benefits but practically zero for single parent families - and one-parent ones less deserving. If there was a level playing field ie. fathers that take financial responsibility for their children and/or the opportunity for single mothers to either work part-time with some additional help, or full-time with working hours that coincide with school ones - ie. 9 to 5), then the need for financial help would be much less (though probably not right now with the credit crunch). There has long been talk here of more companies changing their opening hours to standard European ones but it hasnt happened yet. But you seem to be simply repeating old stereotypes of the Daily Mail/Express mindset that view anyone not in the conventional 2 parent family mould as somehow looking for a free ride. And that is not reality!! And its not on!!
Thats an interesting first post considering you dont know the poster and his views, who I'm pretty sure was using that just as a turn of phrase