Where would be a good neighborhood in San Fernando? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 8th June 2013, 04:27 AM

Asian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond reputeAsian Spirit has a reputation beyond repute
4099 likes received
5087 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Life In The Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaohongru View Post
My partner, I and our 4-year old will be moving to Philippines for a living this summer. My partner is a Filipina. Her family is from Pampanga, so we are thinking to settle in San Fernando. But I'm not so sure where would be a good neighborhood to live in for a single family. I'm a little worried about the mosquitoes, dengue fever, rabies, malaria stuff. I'm also worried what kind of school my 4-year old should attend? What kind of kids he will be playing with? Is he gonna forget English? We are from Toronto, Canada. I will be working in Hong Kong and my partner will start a small business with her brothers. Thanks a trillion here! I'm really worried for my son. Only hope this gonna be a good move...Jack
Hi Jack,

San Fernando is a pretty good place. Like anywhere there are good and bad areas.
Living/housing conditions determine the dengue danger. Screens on windows and doors and use of air-conditioning makes a world of difference.

Unless you have known your partner for one heck of a long time, I would not suggest leaving a child with her. Many possible dangers to put it quite mildly--- red flags up the ying-yang!
If you are not here all or most of the time your child will forget most "regular" English without any doubt.

Suggest you read as much as possible on this site and others on safety or the lack of it and make your decision accordingly.

Wish I could be more positive but I assume you are looking for the truth here.

Gene...

Be part of Flight Aware Free

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit Expat Forum on Facebook too...

Last edited by Asian Spirit; 8th June 2013 at 04:31 AM.