Any one set up a small business in the UAE? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 5th June 2013, 02:32 PM

saraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond reputesaraswat has a reputation beyond repute
802 likes received
1555 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in uae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emirati View Post
In my opinion, before opening any office or even getting a license to run the business, get in touch with some friends who can help you with billing. Get some clients who can give you some revenue. When you see yourself on your feet and making some money- getting a license is just a matter of paper work.

Best of luck
I agree with the basis of what you are saying, but would just like to point out that if one were to do that here, they would inadvertently expose themselves towards a real risk of trouble. Doing any kind of business without the relevant permissions / paperwork / licenses carries with it some really stiff penalties ... surveying the market etc is definitely advisable but not conducting actual business ....

Of course, I am sure there exist people who don't follow the rules and get away with it, but the risk-reward ratio there is not in favor of reward ....

Last edited by saraswat; 7th June 2013 at 08:20 AM.