Maella, Aragon - View Single Post
Thread: Maella, Aragon
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2013, 10:33 AM

Location: Near Madrid. Frequent visitor to Bilbao, love Asturias and Burgos
Pesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond reputePesky Wesky has a reputation beyond repute
9987 likes received
9733 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi855559 View Post
My advice, get a place close to Maella as we have been locked in by bad weather conditions, although to be honest it is ok, as the further away, the better the location. Haggle over the price and you can pay some on 'black money' illegal in UK but still ok in Spain, it simply means you pay some of the asking price as cash, and therefore pay no tax on it.
Maria
Have just read through the thread and it's so nice to hear of some British immigrants who are looking at areas other than the south of Spain, taking advantage of some of the different things tat Spain has to offer apart from Sun and Sand.
However, I disagree with what you say about paying for property illegally. It may be something that is done by many, my Spanish husband and I included, but it is not to be recommended. It may well catch up with you later, the authorities are clamping down on it, and it is illegal - not OK! True, it may not be possible for a sale to go through without it as the seller may insist on it, but it is definitely illegal and not OK.
We bought our house 18 years ago and wanted to pay everything legally, but the owner wouldn't let us, so we decided to take the risk, but that was a long time ago, and my husband is Spanish.
All I'm saying is be careful, and be careful about recommending illegal practices on a public forum