Moving to Vancouver, help needed! - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 1st January 2008, 01:34 PM

davida969 is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in canada.
Exclamation Moving to Vancouver, help needed!

Hello everyone

I recently visited Vancouver Island in 2007 over summer with my parents and we loved it. Our friends who have lived there for 12 years invited us over and we were totally blown away by it all.

Since we came back we really want nothing more than to get back over there asap. We have been in touch with a few people and as far as I can see the only way of getting there quickly (i.e. summer 08) is to fly there, set up a rented house, get a job offer and a positive lmo from service canada and then go and file a work permit application in Seattle.

The thing is my parents are 50 and 60 respectively, lots of years of work behind them but no formal qualifications. I myself will have a BSc in Psychology and Forensics come July 2008 as well as college and high school qualifications. I will also have 3 years retail management experience (Store Manager) under my belt as well. Can anyone tell me how to go around getting to Canada for summer, as we are aware the skilled immigration wait in England is 3 years....

Any help would be great

Happy New Year

David