Expats in Cavite Area - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 24th February 2013, 09:04 AM

M.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond reputeM.C.A. has a reputation beyond repute
2107 likes received
6591 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in philippines.
Default Internet in Victoria Laguna

I have internet here but I think the Maximum speed is 2G, I use a 1G wireless from Globe. I do sometimes miss the Manila because of the variety it has there and the lack of variety I have here but there are many large grocery stores and malls in just about every single area and I think the only benefit to living in Manila is restaurants and internet other than that it's a huge spending spree spot and housing and apartments are going to be way crazy as compared to setting your self back a bit into a quiet Province, I guess it all depends on how nice you want to live and how much you want to spend, you could save a fortune by buying up your own spot and then having your own house built not in a gated community it's not that bad of course I have read some of the previous posts on the family and I would have to agree it's tough I live in the same area or what is called a squatter area, some expats just squat with the families so all you have to do is build your house and I mean build it yourself, get a crew and go to it that's I what I did I have a two-story cement building the works and it's water front property, maybe your wife has members out in the province that would sell a spot for you, keep in mind that living next to the lake is the best because you don't ever run out of fresh water it can be pumped by whats called a "jet Matic" electric pump and also for power outages a manual pump, Manila has had too much water or not enough been there done that in Subic Bay years ago. Also don'f forget about just how bad smog can be in Manila and the heat because of all the concrete.