British citizens in Spain urged to make correct use of European Health Insurance Card - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2013, 03:03 PM

whitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond reputewhitenoiz has a reputation beyond repute
379 likes received
46 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

xabi... Thanks for that... I wasn't querying the use of the UK issued EHIC in Spain... the rules on that are pretty well understood I think.

I have just read through the new thread and a couple of points arise...

1) This new arrangement has been set up between the UK and the Valencian Health Authority, but given the autonomous nature of Valencia, how do these arrangements affect those who live elsewhere in Spain? The website explains that the arrangement with the Valencian Authority has been set up because that region has the highest percentage of ex-pat Brits but I would have thought that any arrangements made by Valencia would be specific to Valencia. For the thousands of expat Brits elsewhere in Spain, the same confusion will continue to occur...

2) From the 'What We Do' page of the new website, it would appear that a UK Issued EHIC is still required for pensioners who seek medical attention whilst visiting the UK on a temporary basis. It does not explain what, if any, validity a Spanish Tarjeta holds in respect of the UK...

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, merely asking the question. ukinspain have a habit of throwing these posts into expat forums but never stick around to answer any questions or comments that arise... remember the Orwellian or UK Stasi proposition that we should report any suspected recipients of benefits they were not entitled to. Some pretty lively responses on this and other forums but the OP didn't respond at all...