Difference between ICT Business Analyst 261111 and Systems Analyst 261112 - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 16th February 2013, 01:09 PM

spin123 is on a distinguished road
69 likes received
81 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from srilanka. Users Flag! Expat in australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monima View Post
You would think that they would propose an occupation code that does match, but ACS has told us multiple times that they will not do that. They say it is up to us to select the appropriate code.

Hi Monima,

When I read through the roles & responsibilities for each company i feel some are not related to Systems/Business Analyst. I maybe wrong and there might be people who have submitted similar letters who have got through. Just keep in mind that for each service letter you provide, you need to satisfy at least 60-70% task mentioned below. that means around 5 points at least.

Anyhow what i mentioned above is my observation. maybe somebody else could chip in here as well. i'll PM you my service letters so that you could get some idea from them. Just to tell you i'm not from a very technical background and my two service letters were quite generic. however i was able to get through.

Good luck & all the best to you. Let us know if you need further help.

working with users to formulate and document business requirements
identifying, investigating, and analysing business processes, procedures and work practices
identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practices, and system functionality and behaviour
using project management methodologies, principles and techniques to develop project plans and to cost, resource and manage projects
taking responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, which ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system
creating user and training documentation, and conducting formal training classes
developing functional specifications for use by system developers
using data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
acting as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process