Online applications will make visa and work permit applications for Canada faster and easier

by Ray Clancy on January 14, 2010

A land of opportunity?

Canada is moving towards providing a faster service for all kinds of immigration, work and visa applications by making it possible to apply online. Temporary residents seeking work permits or an extension of their visit in Canada are the latest group to be able to apply online as part of a plan to make all types of applications accessible via the internet.

Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney said that the online Canadian Immigration service is expected to significantly improve the application process and provide a fast and more accessible service. Canadian visa forms submitted by mail often need to be returned because they are incomplete, adding time to the process, but online applications can only be submitted if they are complete, which makes for faster processing times, he pointed out.

The service is currently open to all Canadian temporary residents, except for co-op program work permit applicants who wish to work in the country. The Canadian Government first offered student visas online in June 2008 and since then international students have submitted close to 33,000 online applications.

Skilled workers wanting to emigrate to Canada are already able to take a free online test to determine eligibility and receive information about their immigration options from a skilled migration consultant. Kenney also announced that the immigration department has been asked to process applications from much needed skilled workers quickly. These include registered nurses, plumbers and electricians.

He said that in contrast to many other countries, Canada would continue with the same level of immigration as previous years and focus on attracting skilled workers.  The number of students is expected to increase. Already some 130,000 foreign students arrive to study in Canada every year.

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Pankaj kumar February 17, 2010 at 5:29 am

Good afternoon I am living in Australia I wana go to Canada for work permit and like a pr. I ammarried person. I done my diploma course in Australia like management hotel. I have
master degree from india in political science . My wife also master degree or m. Phill in Hindi. I have 5.5 latest ielts overall bands. If u need any question pls tell me


Nwanonobi Christopher Alfred May 15, 2010 at 8:30 pm

I am 26 old boy from Nigeria, i have national diploma in mechanical engineering with years of working experience. i have the interest to work in abroad any one who can help me or know any company that employ with visa sponsorship should let me know via my mail [email protected]. Thanks.


Maram Hani Batayneh April 1, 2010 at 10:41 pm


Both I and my husband are Registered Nurses with a 12 years experience we look forward to live and work in Canada; therefore we would like to ask if we can apply for a temporary work permit ;as at this stage we applied for CON in Canada to get registered, but if we can have this permit we can commence working in one of the Canadians hospital until we get our official registrations.
Your help in this matter is highly appreciated


Maram Hani Batayneh April 1, 2010 at 10:43 pm

we both did IELTS ,i had 6 ,my husband is 5


Harsh vardhan kalia April 5, 2010 at 11:18 am

Respected sir, my self Harsh. I am from India. I have three year polytechnical diploma. I have three years work experiance as electrical forman in SPS. I need work permit to do work in canada.Thanks.


ohwotemu tobore jeffrey July 18, 2010 at 3:21 pm

please am interested to visit canada has a visitor this year


jatinder gill October 22, 2010 at 12:02 pm

hello sir , i have done b-tech in mechanica stream and ihave three year experiance please tell me how i can go to canada on work permit


ayesha sultana March 28, 2011 at 7:12 pm

hello sir/madam,am intrestd to do a diploma course in beautician or in wedding planner course frm australia(sydney) plz help vt ur prciouse advise tht hw cn i get australia fulfill my dream i hv completed my higher secondary studies.


Sadia Rehman June 22, 2012 at 3:34 am

Good afternoon I am living in Pakistan, I wana go to Canada for work permit and like a pr. I am married women. I I have done Bsc and BE,d from Peshwar University,University of Pakistan,need to do work in canada.Thanks


tarsem lal August 26, 2013 at 8:51 pm

good morning sir i am living in italy.i want go to canada for work permit .i am married man.i have done electrical diploma in india.i need to do work in canada.thanks


Gurpreet kaur July 18, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Hello sir i am live in india.i want go to canada for work permit.i am unmarried .i have done beauti course.plz i need to work in canada . thanks


Bashudev acharya upadhayay May 14, 2016 at 3:32 am

Hi sr iam bashudev acharya upadhayay from nepal iam baclor passed and inged this time constrouction company sir i need to work tocanans


monia June 19, 2017 at 9:39 am

Hi sir I’m professional beaution.i have six year experience beauty line. I want Canada job find.plz you help me


Samisami October 16, 2017 at 5:00 am

Hello sir i am beaution i have 10 year experience in beauty line i want to job canda plz help me nd more expart in therding


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: