New visa application forms being introduced in the UK

by Ray Clancy on April 3, 2012

UKBA changes forms for visas in certain categories

The UK Border Agency is changing the forms that need to be used to apply for visas in certain categories from Friday 06 April.

The new forms will be published for the first time on Thursday 05 April 2012 and applicants should start using them immediately, a spokesman said. However, applications on the old forms will be accepted until 27 April.

The visa categories affected are Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur), Tier 1 (General), Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 2, Tier 4 (General), Tier 4 (Child), Tier 5 (Temporary worker), PBS Dependant, FLR(O) to extend your stay, FLR(BUS) to extend your stay in specific categories, and TOC to transfer a visa to a new passport.

The form for Tier 1 (Post study work) is removed because this category has closed to new applicants.

The new forms will be published on 05 April because 06 April is a public holiday in the UK. Guidance documents to help explain the changes and help applicants to use the new forms are available on the UKBA website.

‘You should use the new forms from 06 April 2012. But if you apply on the previous version of a form, we will accept it up to and including 27 April 2012,’ the spokesman confirmed.

‘If you submit an application on or after 06 April 2012, we will consider it under the revised Immigration Rules which take effect on 06 April, regardless of which version of a form you use,’ he added.

The UKBA is also reminding people that embassies and consul centres around the world will be closed for the long bank holiday weekend. For example, the British Embassy in Manila will be closed for Easter from Thursday 05 April and will open again on Tuesday 10 April 2012. Visa applications submitted in Singapore may experience temporary delays during these days. Visa applications centres in Japan, South Korea will also be closed.

From today, 03 April, there are new visa requirements for Libyan, Egyptian and Syrian nationals who wish to transit at a UK airport. They now need to apply for a Direct Airside Transit Visa (DATV).

‘This is an additional visa requirement which permits certain nationals to travel via the UK on their way to another country. Those travelling to the UK on a DATV are not able to pass through UK Immigration Control or collect any luggage on a journey through the UK,’ the spokesman explained.

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: