Orange - English Customer Support

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Europe > France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France

France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France Welcome to the France Expat forum. This is the place to meet like minded expats that have made France their new home. This forum is ideal for Expats that have moved to France and people that are thinking about making France their new home.

Like Tree1Likes

Orange - English Customer Support


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:48 AM
rynd2it's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Three Crosses, Swansea
Posts: 2,932
Rep Power: 746
rynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond repute
374 likes received
221 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to rynd2it

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in wales.
Default Orange - English Customer Support

Hi,

I just had to call Orange as we had an Internet problem and they gave me a number for support in English - 09 69 36 39 00. Very helpful people indeed, and I can do all the transactions on any Orange account through this number including moving our phone and ADSL to our new address.

Kudos where its due

Cheers

__________________
David
follow the blog here: http://ca2brittany.wordpress.com/
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 4th October 2011, 11:12 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: PARIS
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
decandcollectables is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

that is a great contact - thanks - i have been here since 1984 and i must say orange ( old france telecom ) have improved a million percent since those days !!!

  #3 (permalink)  
Old 5th October 2011, 07:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dordogne
Posts: 566
Rep Power: 86
RayRay is a splendid one to beholdRayRay is a splendid one to beholdRayRay is a splendid one to beholdRayRay is a splendid one to beholdRayRay is a splendid one to beholdRayRay is a splendid one to behold
91 likes received
31 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynd2it View Post
Hi,

I just had to call Orange as we had an Internet problem and they gave me a number for support in English - 09 69 36 39 00. Very helpful people indeed, and I can do all the transactions on any Orange account through this number including moving our phone and ADSL to our new address.

Kudos where its due

Cheers
Congratulations! Wish I used Orange instead of SFR for my mobile and home telephone / neufbox! They keep offering me new plans / packages by telephone and it's tough to figure out how the new one compares with the old.

I was successful in getting to edf in English at +33 (0) 5 56 17 40 70. Not sure if this is a local / Dordogne number (due the number of Brits here) or if it's a number anyone can use.

Ray

  #4 (permalink)  
Old 5th October 2011, 07:57 AM
rynd2it's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Three Crosses, Swansea
Posts: 2,932
Rep Power: 746
rynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond repute
374 likes received
221 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to rynd2it

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in wales.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay View Post
Congratulations! I was successful in getting to edf in English at +33 (0) 5 56 17 40 70. Not sure if this is a local / Dordogne number (due the number of Brits here) or if it's a number anyone can use.

Ray
Its national - they gave me that as well but I didn't need it.

Cheers
dorothyokay likes this.

__________________
David
follow the blog here: http://ca2brittany.wordpress.com/
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 7th October 2011, 09:21 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Grenoble
Posts: 49
Rep Power: 0
AnnaEmmet is on a distinguished road
1 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default Does SFR have the same device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynd2it View Post
Hi,

I just had to call Orange as we had an Internet problem and they gave me a number for support in English - 09 69 36 39 00. Very helpful people indeed, and I can do all the transactions on any Orange account through this number including moving our phone and ADSL to our new address.

Kudos where its due

Cheers
Does anyone know if SFR does the same thing?

  #6 (permalink)  
Old 7th October 2011, 11:53 AM
Bevdeforges's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: deepest, darkest Essonne
Posts: 23,918
Rep Power: 20
Bevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond repute
2292 likes received
98 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaEmmet View Post
Does anyone know if SFR does the same thing?
Not as far as I know. Once you're on SFR, they seem to call you every few months to see if you want to change your service or add new "features" to your phone. One time, I was a bit distracted when the guy from SFR called and had trouble finding the words to say what I wanted to say. The guy asked if I spoke English, and when I said yes, he asked if I would prefer to speak to someone in English.

He then apparently went around the call center, to try to find someone who could do the call with me in English - but found no one. I did very much appreciate the gesture, but trying to deal with SFR in English is something of a lost cause, as far as I can tell.
Cheers,
Bev

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2011, 02:42 PM
koppazee's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lorraine Region
Posts: 1,184
Rep Power: 245
koppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond repute
214 likes received
26 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

My fiancee and I went to SFR several times as the home phone, internet and tv are with them. Additionally, she has her cell service with them. Each and every time we went, we walked out as the level of service was so horrible. We actually gave the three ladies there names like Bobette as they all looked exactly alike (hair color, style, uniforms and so on). It was pretty funny but the level of service was horribly below par.

We ended up going with cell service for me with Orange. The lady told us that anyone with Orange could be called for free without limitation to time as they were on the same network plus you can pick any three numbers (landline or cell) to include in your unlimited calling. It sounded reasonable to me as an American who had Verizon for many years. Unlimited calling to Verizon cellular numbers from your Verizon cell phone was the standard. Picture how upset I was when I got a text message from Orange less than two weeks after getting the service telling me I exceeded my allocation of time on the package we took. We returned to the store where we got the phone, spoke with the sales lady who then got her superior who was not the store manager and told us that our understanding was not correct and that the store manager was not there until the next day. They even accused us of being hostile to them. So we are stuck with this service and have what appears to be no recourse.

So with all this said, my fiancees cell phone with SFR died on Saturday, no longer under warranty and without the insurance as it was not worth it on a lower level phone. When we returned to SFR on Saturday, the Bobettes were there, gave my fiancee the lowest level Alcatel phone as a loaner, charged her 60 Euros deposit on this loaner phone and they plan to send it out to be reviewed. My fiancee, who is always a positive person said that the reply will not be one where it is serviced and they will try to get her to re-up her contract which has 13 more months to go. She said that any changes to her service automatically renews her contract and after the experience with Orange (and SFR) a person is really lost in this world of questionable business practices and post sale service levels. Any thoughts on this? Thanks very much.

  #8 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2011, 03:24 PM
rynd2it's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Three Crosses, Swansea
Posts: 2,932
Rep Power: 746
rynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond repute
374 likes received
221 likes given
Send a message via Skype™ to rynd2it

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in wales.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppazee View Post
My fiancee and I went to SFR several times as the home phone, internet and tv are with them. Additionally, she has her cell service with them. Each and every time we went, we walked out as the level of service was so horrible. We actually gave the three ladies there names like Bobette as they all looked exactly alike (hair color, style, uniforms and so on). It was pretty funny but the level of service was horribly below par.

We ended up going with cell service for me with Orange. The lady told us that anyone with Orange could be called for free without limitation to time as they were on the same network plus you can pick any three numbers (landline or cell) to include in your unlimited calling. It sounded reasonable to me as an American who had Verizon for many years. Unlimited calling to Verizon cellular numbers from your Verizon cell phone was the standard. Picture how upset I was when I got a text message from Orange less than two weeks after getting the service telling me I exceeded my allocation of time on the package we took. We returned to the store where we got the phone, spoke with the sales lady who then got her superior who was not the store manager and told us that our understanding was not correct and that the store manager was not there until the next day. They even accused us of being hostile to them. So we are stuck with this service and have what appears to be no recourse.

So with all this said, my fiancees cell phone with SFR died on Saturday, no longer under warranty and without the insurance as it was not worth it on a lower level phone. When we returned to SFR on Saturday, the Bobettes were there, gave my fiancee the lowest level Alcatel phone as a loaner, charged her 60 Euros deposit on this loaner phone and they plan to send it out to be reviewed. My fiancee, who is always a positive person said that the reply will not be one where it is serviced and they will try to get her to re-up her contract which has 13 more months to go. She said that any changes to her service automatically renews her contract and after the experience with Orange (and SFR) a person is really lost in this world of questionable business practices and post sale service levels. Any thoughts on this? Thanks very much.
Well point #1 would be to call the English support number for Orange to sort out your cell - they are really helpful, I had to call them this morning because I have a very bizarre ADSL problem (it stops at 8:00pm and restarts at 8:00am) - they promised to call me back between 4:00pm and 5:00 and they did, at 4:30.

Point 2 is probably a cultural thing - you cannot challenge anyone or accuse them of making a mistake, just doesn't work. The way it can work is to sort of apologize for your mistake in misunderstanding and ask their advice on how tp proceed. It's very un-American but then dealing with Time-Warner cable was no picnic either.

Bon chance

__________________
David
follow the blog here: http://ca2brittany.wordpress.com/
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2011, 03:33 PM
koppazee's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lorraine Region
Posts: 1,184
Rep Power: 245
koppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond reputekoppazee has a reputation beyond repute
214 likes received
26 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynd2it View Post
Well point #1 would be to call the English support number for Orange to sort out your cell - they are really helpful, I had to call them this morning because I have a very bizarre ADSL problem (it stops at 8:00pm and restarts at 8:00am) - they promised to call me back between 4:00pm and 5:00 and they did, at 4:30.

Point 2 is probably a cultural thing - you cannot challenge anyone or accuse them of making a mistake, just doesn't work. The way it can work is to sort of apologize for your mistake in misunderstanding and ask their advice on how tp proceed. It's very un-American but then dealing with Time-Warner cable was no picnic either.

Bon chance
Thanks very much. We will certainly give it a whirl. Yes, fully agreed about Time Warner Cable. You can speak with three people and get three entirely different replies, not one of them correct and depending upon the time of the day you call, not one of them in the USA either :-) Then again, I have had a rare expeirence or two with them where the person(s) was dead on and resolved the issue(s) the very first time. For Time Warner, they were always far and few between in the two decades we used them. Again, thank you!


Last edited by koppazee; 10th October 2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Wanted to add to reply.
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2011, 04:39 PM
Bevdeforges's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: deepest, darkest Essonne
Posts: 23,918
Rep Power: 20
Bevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond repute
2292 likes received
98 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

I'll be curious to hear whether or not Orange's English language line can help you with your mobile problem.

The mobile market here in France has been roundly criticized by the EU authorities for being rather, um, shall we call it "customer unfriendly." I haven't heard of any deals lately where you can call other mobile numbers on the same service for free - largely because the government finally stepped in a few years ago to force the service providers to allow you to keep your mobile number when you change carrier. So just because someone has an "Orange prefix" it no longer means that they actually are using Orange as provider.

In Germany, everyone (even the Germans) used to say that "customer service" was a self-contradicting term. But I think that's also true here in France - at least with service industries, like the mobile phones.
Cheers,
Bev

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What ISP with English speaking support? travelling-man Portugal Expat Forum for Expats Living in Portugal 6 16th October 2011 10:27 AM
Orange bus timetable snr-fred Spain Expat Forum for Expats Living in Spain 6 7th July 2010 08:57 PM
english language support needed! ineswnarciso Portugal Expat Forum for Expats Living in Portugal 8 2nd June 2009 10:14 AM
IT Support / Network Support - Paphos/Limasol/Larnaka ghopki Cyprus Expat Forum for Expats Living in Cyprus 1 7th August 2008 05:14 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.
FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO