Brittany?

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Europe > France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France

France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France Welcome to the France Expat forum. This is the place to meet like minded people who have made France their new home. This forum is ideal for those who have moved to France and those thinking about making France their new home.

Brittany?


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11th January 2013, 11:18 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Quimperle France
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Mandyinfrance is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from scotland. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default Brittany?

Hi is there anyone on here that lives near lorient or quimper?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11th January 2013, 12:52 PM
rynd2it's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Three Crosses, Swansea
Posts: 2,932
Rep Power: 759
rynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond repute
375 likes received
221 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in wales.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandyinfrance View Post
Hi is there anyone on here that lives near lorient or quimper?
Too far south for you I expect - we're just north of Vannes

Cheers

__________________
David
follow the blog here: http://ca2brittany.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2013, 02:58 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Stoke on trent
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
Gwyn is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

I have just bought a mobile home sited in Landudec, near Quimper. Will be going over in April.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2013, 03:24 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Auvergne & Corsica
Posts: 6,809
Rep Power: 0
hils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to behold
1637 likes received
1372 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyn View Post
I have just bought a mobile home sited in Landudec, near Quimper. Will be going over in April.
Sorry to hijack this thread, but, Gwyn, would be interested to know on what basis you bought your mobilhome - lease or shares, and how the site is managed, if you don't mind sharing that info. The reason I ask is that since buying mobilhomes in Corsica on two different sites, we've increasingly run into management problems - and costs, and would like some basis of comparison. Feel free to PM if you prefer.

Thanks,

hils

PS I've left this in the Forum 'cos it may be of interest to other people.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2013, 03:38 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Stoke on trent
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
Gwyn is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hils View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread, but, Gwyn, would be interested to know on what basis you bought your mobilhome - lease or shares, and how the site is managed, if you don't mind sharing that info. The reason I ask is that since buying mobilhomes in Corsica on two different sites, we've increasingly run into management problems - and costs, and would like some basis of comparison. Feel free to PM if you prefer.
No problem. I did a bit of research and decided on an area and a site that has plenty for the grandchildren and hopefully will still offer a bit of relaxation. Decided to buy a pre owned van, 5-6 years old that was already on the site, but has the site is only open 6 months a year the van will have been hardly used so I am classing as a three year old van. Ground rent appeared to be steep, but on researching others it clearly is not, given the available amenities and that it includes all water and electricity charges. Also unlike in England, there is no age limit for a van being on the site providing it is well maintained. I can rent it out freely if I wish with no fees to pay, and Any visitors that I have can stay in the van free, and also have full free use of all the amenities. Close to the beach and plenty of interesting towns, cities and villages as well.


Last edited by Bevdeforges; 12th February 2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: fix quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2013, 03:46 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Auvergne & Corsica
Posts: 6,809
Rep Power: 0
hils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to beholdhils is a splendid one to behold
1637 likes received
1372 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyn View Post
No problem. I did a bit of research and decided on an area and a site that has plenty for the grandchildren and hopefully will still offer a bit of relaxation. Decided to buy a pre owned van, 5-6 years old that was already on the site, but has the site is only open 6 months a year the van will have been hardly used so I am classing as a three year old van. Ground rent appeared to be steep, but on researching others it clearly is not, given the available amenities and that it includes all water and electricity charges. Also unlike in England, there is no age limit for a van being on the site providing it is well maintained. I can rent it out freely if I wish with no fees to pay, and Any visitors that I have can stay in the van free, and also have full free use of all the amenities. Close to the beach and plenty of interesting towns, cities and villages as well.
Sorry, OP - Gwyn? can we take this to another thread please? ------> main board

hils

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2013, 03:48 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Stoke on trent
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 0
Gwyn is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hils View Post
Sorry, OP - Gwyn? can we take this to another thread please? ------> main board

hils
I am new on the site so no problem doing that but i will have to leave it to you

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12th February 2013, 05:55 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi, USA
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
JohnBarfield is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Hello Mandy in France. I've just moved to Vannes from Mississippi for three months as an international English tutor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 13th February 2013, 07:57 AM
rynd2it's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Three Crosses, Swansea
Posts: 2,932
Rep Power: 759
rynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond reputerynd2it has a reputation beyond repute
375 likes received
221 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in wales.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBarfield View Post
Hello Mandy in France. I've just moved to Vannes from Mississippi for three months as an international English tutor.
Welcome John - you are really close to us.

Cheers

__________________
David
follow the blog here: http://ca2brittany.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 13th February 2013, 06:59 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mississippi, USA
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
JohnBarfield is on a distinguished road

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.
Default

Thank you David. Where is Trefflean in relation to Vannes?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Visit to Brittany kimr France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France 6 20th June 2013 11:08 PM
Mistrale?? In Brittany? rynd2it Le Bistro 6 8th April 2012 04:58 PM
Brittany residents Welly France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France 1 22nd January 2012 05:02 AM
Winters in Brittany dorothyokay France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France 10 15th February 2011 09:55 PM
Plumber in Brittany leeleelee France Expat Forum for Expats Living in France 1 16th March 2010 08:28 AM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.
FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO