==> 189 EOI Invitations for June 2017 <== - Page 23

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia


Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree34Likes

==> 189 EOI Invitations for June 2017 <== - Page 23


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #221 (permalink)  
Old 19th June 2017, 09:40 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0
ryannav13 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubaza View Post
Hi friends!

After the receieved invitation for 189 application, do you think it is ok to apply for tourist visa before PR?

Before appyling to the PR, I want to have a tourist visa and visit the country for a while.

Also, would it be ok to be there in Oz when I apply to the PR or expect an answer to my application?

Is there any problems for being on a tourist visa onshore?


Thank you, love you all!

U have visited Aus already. Why u want to visit on tourist visa? U shld get invite on 21st. U may need to submit documents as soon as possible before 1st july. 189 process might be over in 2/3 months if u submit all documents.


Last edited by ryannav13; 19th June 2017 at 09:43 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #222 (permalink)  
Old 19th June 2017, 11:20 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: istanbul
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
kubaza is on a distinguished road
4 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from turkey. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannav13 View Post
U have visited Aus already. Why u want to visit on tourist visa? U shld get invite on 21st. U may need to submit documents as soon as possible before 1st july. 189 process might be over in 2/3 months if u submit all documents.

I just need to visit Oz for 1-2 months first. I will do the 189 application later, I have 60 days to pay that 3600 AUD, not that easy !

Is it ok if I apply for tourist visa when Im invited for 189?

__________________
476 Applied on 06 Dec 2013 * CO Assigned on 22 Jan 14 * Docs Submitted on 06 Feb 13 * Visa Grant 10th February 2014 Stayed 18 months in Australia

2331 - Materials Engineer Assessment - 15 points
Age: 30
Language - 10
Exp: 5

Submitted EOI (60 points): 17.06.2017
Invited: 20.06.2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #223 (permalink)  
Old 19th June 2017, 11:26 AM
newbienz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,671
Rep Power: 90
newbienz is a jewel in the roughnewbienz is a jewel in the roughnewbienz is a jewel in the rough
337 likes received
40 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubaza View Post
I just need to visit Oz for 1-2 months first. I will do the 189 application later, I have 60 days to pay that 3600 AUD, not that easy !

Is it ok if I apply for tourist visa when Im invited for 189?
I don't think there is any restriction on applying and getting a tourist visa in your case

But On one hand you are saying that arranging 3600 AUD is difficult for you and on the other hand you want to come to Australia for tourism for 1-2 months which is a very costly country

Don't understand the logic as I am sure you will end up spending much more then 3,600 AUD on this trip which you could have utilised better to pay immediately for your visa fees and getting in the queue for grant

But after all,it is your money and life and who am I to advise
Couldn't resist This observation from a financial analyst point of view

Cheers
jp416 likes this.

__________________
Code 261313 Software Engineer
Age 30 points
Degree 15 points
PTE-A 20 points (First Attempt)
Experience 5 points
Total 70 Points
EOI Submiited for 189 May 2017
Awaiting ITA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #224 (permalink)  
Old 19th June 2017, 11:30 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: istanbul
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
kubaza is on a distinguished road
4 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from turkey. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienz View Post
I don't think there is any restriction on applying and getting a tourist visa in your case

But On one hand you are saying that arranging 3600 AUD is difficult for you and on the other hand you want to come to Australia for tourism for 1-2 months which is a very costly country

Don't understand the logic as I am sure you will end up spending much more then 3,600 AUD on this trip which you could have utilised better to pay immediately for your visa fees and getting in the queue for grant

But after all,it is your money and life and who am I to advise
Couldn't resist This observation from a financial analyst point of view

Cheers
Thanks a lot for the response and kindly answer.
I ve stayed a year and a half before and I have some contacts, I want to check work options and be sure about if I really want to go now. For this instance, I need 1-2 months there and see what is going on.

I can do the application there and wait for the grant onshore right? I could apply for bridging visa if the grant takes long time?

__________________
476 Applied on 06 Dec 2013 * CO Assigned on 22 Jan 14 * Docs Submitted on 06 Feb 13 * Visa Grant 10th February 2014 Stayed 18 months in Australia

2331 - Materials Engineer Assessment - 15 points
Age: 30
Language - 10
Exp: 5

Submitted EOI (60 points): 17.06.2017
Invited: 20.06.2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #225 (permalink)  
Old 19th June 2017, 11:37 AM
newbienz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,671
Rep Power: 90
newbienz is a jewel in the roughnewbienz is a jewel in the roughnewbienz is a jewel in the rough
337 likes received
40 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubaza View Post
Thanks a lot for the response and kindly answer.
I ve stayed a year and a half before and I have some contacts, I want to check work options and be sure about if I really want to go now. For this instance, I need 1-2 months there and see what is going on.

I can do the application there and wait for the grant onshore right? I could apply for bridging visa if the grant takes long time?
you are eligible for a bridging visa only if you are on a work visa
On a tourist visa you would not be eligible .
You would have to leave Australia before your tourist visa expires even if your grant application is pending

You will have to declare in the application that you are onshore when submitting the visa application and then when you return to Turkey, you can file the form 1022 to declare that you are offshore

Cheers

__________________
Code 261313 Software Engineer
Age 30 points
Degree 15 points
PTE-A 20 points (First Attempt)
Experience 5 points
Total 70 Points
EOI Submiited for 189 May 2017
Awaiting ITA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #226 (permalink)  
Old 19th June 2017, 11:39 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: istanbul
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
kubaza is on a distinguished road
4 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from turkey. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienz View Post
you are eligible for a bridging visa only if you are on a work visa
On a tourist visa you would not be eligible .
You would have to leave Australia before your tourist visa expires even if your grant application is pending

You will have to declare in the application that you are onshore when submitting the visa application and then when you return to Turkey, you can file the form 1022 to declare that you are offshore

Cheers
newbienz, thank you very much, seriously!!!!
you just made my path now

__________________
476 Applied on 06 Dec 2013 * CO Assigned on 22 Jan 14 * Docs Submitted on 06 Feb 13 * Visa Grant 10th February 2014 Stayed 18 months in Australia

2331 - Materials Engineer Assessment - 15 points
Age: 30
Language - 10
Exp: 5

Submitted EOI (60 points): 17.06.2017
Invited: 20.06.2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #227 (permalink)  
Old 19th June 2017, 11:42 AM
newbienz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,671
Rep Power: 90
newbienz is a jewel in the roughnewbienz is a jewel in the roughnewbienz is a jewel in the rough
337 likes received
40 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubaza View Post
newbienz, thank you very much, seriously!!!!
you just made my path now
Is it that you have decided to,pay the Visa fees instead of going to Australia?
If you don't mind sharing
Cheers

__________________
Code 261313 Software Engineer
Age 30 points
Degree 15 points
PTE-A 20 points (First Attempt)
Experience 5 points
Total 70 Points
EOI Submiited for 189 May 2017
Awaiting ITA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #228 (permalink)  
Old 19th June 2017, 11:48 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: istanbul
Posts: 44
Rep Power: 0
kubaza is on a distinguished road
4 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from turkey. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbienz View Post
Is it that you have decided to,pay the Visa fees instead of going to Australia?
If you don't mind sharing
Cheers
I was going to search for how to manage 189 process if I need to go with tourist visa.

I will wait for invitation and also wait to see if they remove 2331 materials engineer from the list. So many variables in my life, I dont know what to do yet.

But I know how to go on 189 if I go with tourist visa, thanks to you

Cheers mate

__________________
476 Applied on 06 Dec 2013 * CO Assigned on 22 Jan 14 * Docs Submitted on 06 Feb 13 * Visa Grant 10th February 2014 Stayed 18 months in Australia

2331 - Materials Engineer Assessment - 15 points
Age: 30
Language - 10
Exp: 5

Submitted EOI (60 points): 17.06.2017
Invited: 20.06.2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #229 (permalink)  
Old 19th June 2017, 02:52 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0
ryannav13 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubaza View Post
I was going to search for how to manage 189 process if I need to go with tourist visa.

I will wait for invitation and also wait to see if they remove 2331 materials engineer from the list. So many variables in my life, I dont know what to do yet.

But I know how to go on 189 if I go with tourist visa, thanks to you

Cheers mate
U ll be getting 189 Visa invitation this week with 60 points as still 100+ visa hv to be issud. Why are u caring if they remove 2331 on 1st July or not. It wont affect your invitation. Ur replies do not seem too logical.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #230 (permalink)  
Old 20th June 2017, 02:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 5,374
Rep Power: 306
sultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of light
1967 likes received
125 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Good luck everyone who are expecting an invite today...

round starts at 00:00 AEST

__________________

Like the post if it helps you


189 | Civil Engineer

Applied 2015 || Granted - Jan'17 || Validation - Mar'17

Journey is beautiful than the destination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
189, invite

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
==> 189 EOI Invitations for April 2017 <== BulletAK Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 377 21st June 2017 09:21 AM
==> 189 EOI Invitations for March 2017 <== shrinivaskk Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1858 21st June 2017 09:17 AM
==> 189 EOI Invitations for May 2017 <== sultan_azam Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 207 21st June 2017 09:16 AM
==> 189 EOI Invitations for February 2017 <== BulletAK Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1355 12th June 2017 05:19 AM
==> 189 EOI Invitations for January 2017 <== BulletAK Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1055 16th May 2017 10:28 AM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Back