IELTS in IDP or British Council? Which one is Easy?

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia

Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree8Likes

IELTS in IDP or British Council? Which one is Easy?


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28th June 2012, 05:55 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jordan
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
praveencv1979 is on a distinguished road
9 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default IELTS in IDP or British Council? Which one is Easy?

Dear Friends,
Can you please suggest me, where to achieve IELTS scores easily?
British Councill or IDP Australia?
I wrote in IDP 2 times, can't achieve my target 7 in each band (L=6;R=5.5;W=7;S=7).
Also please give me some tips & Tricks to improve my reading capability.
Any links and advices are highly appreciated.

Cheers

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 28th June 2012, 07:21 AM
_shel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a

Default

Neither is 'easy' it is an international test and subject to the same standards wherever you take it.

Studying harder & using another person to practice is the key to passing!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 28th June 2012, 08:59 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jordan
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
praveencv1979 is on a distinguished road
9 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _shel View Post
Neither is 'easy' it is an international test and subject to the same standards wherever you take it.

Studying harder & using another person to practice is the key to passing!
Thanks a lot for your support.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 28th June 2012, 09:07 AM
mbc71's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 239
Rep Power: 0
mbc71 is on a distinguished road
174 likes received
21 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencv1979
Dear Friends,
Can you please suggest me, where to achieve IELTS scores easily?
British Councill or IDP Australia?
I wrote in IDP 2 times, can't achieve my target 7 in each band (L=6;R=5.5;W=7;S=7).
Also please give me some tips & Tricks to improve my reading capability.
Any links and advices are highly appreciated.

Cheers
Looks like your Writing and Spoken results are good. The Reading test can be tricky, especially the "True, False, Not Given" questions - I honestly think they put those in just to mess people up! Search this forum for a thread called "IELTS frustration" - I put some tips in there for all 4 tests. Definitely worth your while to find some practice tests, and then read up on the tips before each practice. For the Listening test - the trick is to make sure you are writing the answer exactly as it was spoken. And if a section instructions says that you can write "one to three words or numbers", you can be SURE that at least one of the questions requires a 3-word answer. Anyway - check out that "IELTS frustration" thread... You can do it! Just takes practice and patience

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum
V2S4R and praveencv1979 like this.

__________________
176 (VIC) ICT BA: 5-Jan~ACS + ||21-Jan~IELTS (L9,R8.5,W9,S9) ||29-Feb~VIC SS ||9-May~176 ||21-May~CO Assigned || 21-Jun~Meds "referred" ||1-Aug~Visa granted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 28th June 2012, 09:14 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jordan
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
praveencv1979 is on a distinguished road
9 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbc71 View Post
Looks like your Writing and Spoken results are good. The Reading test can be tricky, especially the "True, False, Not Given" questions - I honestly think they put those in just to mess people up! Search this forum for a thread called "IELTS frustration" - I put some tips in there for all 4 tests. Definitely worth your while to find some practice tests, and then read up on the tips before each practice. For the Listening test - the trick is to make sure you are writing the answer exactly as it was spoken. And if a section instructions says that you can write "one to three words or numbers", you can be SURE that at least one of the questions requires a 3-word answer. Anyway - check out that "IELTS frustration" thread... You can do it! Just takes practice and patience

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum
Your valuable support and advice are highly appreciated.
Expect more help from all friends....

__________________
IELTS (14-02-2013): L=7.5,R=6.5,W=6.5,S=7.0;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 29th June 2012, 07:02 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: India
Posts: 38
Rep Power: 0
Nihal is on a distinguished road
12 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Hi

my adivse is follow the strategies on how to do reading, like which one to skim, scan or read, etc and for listening start listening to eng news, movies. Practice is the key for IL's. there are many books available in the market about how to prepare Ielts, please read them, I am sure you will clear, as you got 7 in other two, esp in Writing which is tough.

IDP/BC both tests are of same standard, but BC is more organised in conducting exams..

thnx..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 29th June 2012, 07:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: india
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 0
ronkhu is on a distinguished road
10 likes received
23 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
Hi

my adivse is follow the strategies on how to do reading, like which one to skim, scan or read, etc and for listening start listening to eng news, movies. Practice is the key for IL's. there are many books available in the market about how to prepare Ielts, please read them, I am sure you will clear, as you got 7 in other two, esp in Writing which is tough.

IDP/BC both tests are of same standard, but BC is more organised in conducting exams..

thnx..
Nihal - i found IDP to be more organised and efficient.
I gave my IELTS through IDP but my wife appeared through British Council which was surprisingly highly unorganized

__________________
135111-CIO | ACS: Online 09/4/12 | ACS+: 15/6/12 | IELTS: 12/5/12 | L:7, R:8, W:7, S:7 O:7.5 | WA SS Applied : 15/06/12 | WA Approved : 21/06/12 |176 Applied : 22/06/12 | CO : ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 30th June 2012, 08:35 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: India
Posts: 38
Rep Power: 0
Nihal is on a distinguished road
12 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkhu View Post
Nihal - i found IDP to be more organised and efficient.
I gave my IELTS through IDP but my wife appeared through British Council which was surprisingly highly unorganized
Hi, may be you are right, but I wrote IDP & BC, IDP I missed with .5 in W, but IDP test centre no's were very high & hall ticket we need to collect again at centre, wr as in BC they sent by post & infrastructure was good like wireless headphones, etc. moreover the speaking test was bit easy, as invisilator was very friendly & evaluation is much better. For BC we get old papers of tests as well in market, IDP I am not sure. But this doesn't mean you have write in BC only, we can use the materials for both the exams. we can try both if we had to write 2+ times...Overall "practice is key"

thnx..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 30th June 2012, 08:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: india
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 0
ronkhu is on a distinguished road
10 likes received
23 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

I am not sure but my feedback was based on the experience.

Regarding hall ticket etc - No hassles at. Everything was through email.
Also, my wife told that the lady conducting the speaking test was very very impatient and unprofessional. Was not allowing to complete the sentences.

We did not even get a practice test papers by BC where in IDP sent me Practice test bundle including a book and 4 CDs for practice.

__________________
135111-CIO | ACS: Online 09/4/12 | ACS+: 15/6/12 | IELTS: 12/5/12 | L:7, R:8, W:7, S:7 O:7.5 | WA SS Applied : 15/06/12 | WA Approved : 21/06/12 |176 Applied : 22/06/12 | CO : ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12th July 2013, 03:19 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philippines
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 0
charles913 is on a distinguished road
1 likes received
3 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from philippines. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveencv1979 View Post
Dear Friends,
Can you please suggest me, where to achieve IELTS scores easily?
British Councill or IDP Australia?
I wrote in IDP 2 times, can't achieve my target 7 in each band (L=6;R=5.5;W=7;S=7).
Also please give me some tips & Tricks to improve my reading capability.
Any links and advices are highly appreciated.

Cheers
practice, practice, and practice. You may participate in an IELTS workshop. Read more English novels and write everyday.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Council tax clusk Portugal Expat Forum for Expats Living in Portugal 4 21st March 2012 08:33 AM
British Council concerned about UK student visa changes Editor Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 0 23rd February 2012 08:00 AM
IMI Council tax pennine10 Portugal Expat Forum for Expats Living in Portugal 6 2nd May 2011 10:17 AM
Easy or not easy to obtain an FM3? mitsuko46 Mexico Expat Forum for Expats Living in Mexico 6 22nd April 2011 08:17 PM
ielts the easy way!! jilkfree1978 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 3 27th July 2009 04:02 PM

LEGAL NOTICE
By using this Website, you agree to abide by our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"). This notice does not replace our Terms, which you must read in full as they contain important information. You must not post any defamatory, unlawful or undesirable content, or any content copied from a third party, on the Website. You must not copy material from the Website except in accordance with the Terms. This Website gives users an opportunity to share information only and is not intended to contain any advice which you should rely upon. It does not replace the need to take professional or other advice. We have no liability to you or any other person in respect of any content on this Website.
FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO