My Employment Interview by AHC

Go Back   Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad > Australasia > Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia


Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia Have you moved to Australia from another country? Are you thinking about making Australia your new home? Want to meet others like you and discuss immigration, property, sport, socialising, food, cars, insurance, laws, taxes and anything related to Australia?

Like Tree94Likes

My Employment Interview by AHC


Reply
 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11th May 2016, 07:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 5,374
Rep Power: 306
sultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of light
1967 likes received
125 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default My Employment Interview by AHC



This is about verification(s) which I am aware of, which came to my knowledge through friends and colleagues in previous organization.

Verification 1:


An email was sent to HR of company 1, roughly 68 days after visa lodge, the email was generic and requested sanctity of the two letters submitted by self as evidence of employment. HR had called the person who issued me rnr letter asking whether the letter is issued by him or someone else, HR asked him about his signature. I am not sure what HR has replied to DIBP/Aus High Commission, but I think there was something which lured them to go for verification 2.

Verification 2:

Today I had an intuition that I should read the R&R letter submitted by me, but due to some business I was not able to do check that out, however in my mind I went through the images of rnr letter, just mummed the salient points and off to usual business.

I never thought the intuition will become reality.

At around 4.30pm, my phone rang and it was from Australian High Commission, Delhi ( I have the number saved in my phonebook). For a moment I was lost, who is this “Aus High Commission”, what they want from me, then it came to me that I have filed visa and people receive call from Aus High Commission regarding employment interview or verifications. So all my senses came back and started supporting me.

Introduction
It was XXXXXXX on the other side of phone, she enquired whom she is speaking to, then asked whether I have filed a visa application for Australia, I confirmed the same by answering visa subclass I have applied, then she said this is a generic call they conduct for all the applicants to gather basic information regarding employment and education wrt the visa. Furthermore she said she is going to ask some questions for which I am not supposed to refer any documents or any other thing, I replied that I am at workplace/site and it is not possible to refer anything.

Education
First question was regarding date of birth, then it moved on to educational background, I started with schooling and all but she asked me to tell about bachelors, I told about the college from where I did graduation, she asked whether it was a regular course or distant learning. I assured her that I was on campus for four years and course completed on MM/YYYY.

Company 1
She then asked where I went after bachelors; I told about my first job, she asked about joining location, designation at time of joining. I told about the places I have been posted at. She asked whether it was a full time or part time job, then it went on to the RnR letter, she asked me to tell what I did in 1st company, what roles I delivered, I remembered whatever I have written in the letter, I told mostly all the roles/responsibilities I have taken care of during my tenure at 1st company, she then asked me who I was reporting to, at what designation I left that company. One thing was discussed for long – why the reporting manager has not issued me the rnr letter, I gave my reasons, then told about the person who has issued my rnr letter in company 1. He asked name of person I was working under when I left company 1. After a pause she said that I have told very much same as to what is written in the rnr letter, I told that I remember the letter very well because I had a hard time to obtain this letter, to this day I am struggling with HR of company 1 to issue me a detailed experience certificate instead of service certificate. I told other things also wrt my struggle and ways to obtain rnr letter from HR, which better be confidential. She also asked about the last payment I drew there, I frankly said that I couldn’t remember the exact figure but my basic salary was Rs xxxxx, she then asked to tell gross, I gave a figure and told this doesn’t include variable pay. Variable pay – performance bonus and house rent etc. she asked me about the exact thing I had done and what was my role in that. I explained about building construction and stages involved plus my role in work certification and monitoring wrt quality aspects.

It was raining heavily and voice was disturbed, call disconnected in between, but she called back again and it continued, before call was cut I was explaining about the instruments I used in company 1 and company 2 and what is the technological difference between the two, advantages of one over other. Item in discussion was total station, theodolite and dumpy level.


Company 2
She asked where did I go to after company 1, I replied by telling date of leaving company 1, date of joining company 2 along with name of the company 2. She asked whether I know person Mr Y who has issued me rnr letter for company 2, and how I know this person, I told that I was working under this person and now Mr Y has been promoted and looking after other area, she asked to whom I report currently and what is the name and designation of my new manager. She then asked me to tell about the current roles and responsibilities. I dictated them all. She then asked whether this is a full time job or part time. She asked me about the salary I am getting for past three months. I told her net and gross figures, not exact but correct to thousandth place. She then asked to explain what I do, and once again reminded not to refer any document. This time I assured her that I am not referring to any document. I told my current roles how I do, what is the need of my role. She asked whether I am doing the same thing or something else, I told that one activity is over and I am controlling next activity.

Call ended with the word that this is all the information we needed, department shall contact you again if any further information is required.

Once again I have an intuition that there will be more verification wrt my visa application.

One significant thing – during the conversation, she was carefully noting each and every word I said, she even interrupted me more than twice and asked to say slowly as she is noting down the things.

Total duration of conversation was around 20-25 mins.

__________________

Like the post if it helps you


189 | Civil Engineer

Applied 2015 || Granted - Jan'17 || Validation - Mar'17

Journey is beautiful than the destination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11th May 2016, 07:44 AM
vikaschandra's Avatar
Premium Paid Account
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: AE
Posts: 4,083
Rep Power: 243
vikaschandra is a glorious beacon of lightvikaschandra is a glorious beacon of lightvikaschandra is a glorious beacon of lightvikaschandra is a glorious beacon of lightvikaschandra is a glorious beacon of light
1704 likes received
272 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from nepal. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan_azam View Post


This is about verification(s) which I am aware of, which came to my knowledge through friends and colleagues in previous organization.

Verification 1:


An email was sent to HR of company 1, roughly 68 days after visa lodge, the email was generic and requested sanctity of the two letters submitted by self as evidence of employment. HR had called the person who issued me rnr letter asking whether the letter is issued by him or someone else, HR asked him about his signature. I am not sure what HR has replied to DIBP/Aus High Commission, but I think there was something which lured them to go for verification 2.

Verification 2:

Today I had an intuition that I should read the R&R letter submitted by me, but due to some business I was not able to do check that out, however in my mind I went through the images of rnr letter, just mummed the salient points and off to usual business.

I never thought the intuition will become reality.

At around 4.30pm, my phone rang and it was from Australian High Commission, Delhi ( I have the number saved in my phonebook). For a moment I was lost, who is this “Aus High Commission”, what they want from me, then it came to me that I have filed visa and people receive call from Aus High Commission regarding employment interview or verifications. So all my senses came back and started supporting me.

Introduction
It was XXXXXXX on the other side of phone, she enquired whom she is speaking to, then asked whether I have filed a visa application for Australia, I confirmed the same by answering visa subclass I have applied, then she said this is a generic call they conduct for all the applicants to gather basic information regarding employment and education wrt the visa. Furthermore she said she is going to ask some questions for which I am not supposed to refer any documents or any other thing, I replied that I am at workplace/site and it is not possible to refer anything.

Education
First question was regarding date of birth, then it moved on to educational background, I started with schooling and all but she asked me to tell about bachelors, I told about the college from where I did graduation, she asked whether it was a regular course or distant learning. I assured her that I was on campus for four years and course completed on MM/YYYY.

Company 1
She then asked where I went after bachelors; I told about my first job, she asked about joining location, designation at time of joining. I told about the places I have been posted at. She asked whether it was a full time or part time job, then it went on to the RnR letter, she asked me to tell what I did in 1st company, what roles I delivered, I remembered whatever I have written in the letter, I told mostly all the roles/responsibilities I have taken care of during my tenure at 1st company, she then asked me who I was reporting to, at what designation I left that company. One thing was discussed for long – why the reporting manager has not issued me the rnr letter, I gave my reasons, then told about the person who has issued my rnr letter in company 1. He asked name of person I was working under when I left company 1. After a pause she said that I have told very much same as to what is written in the rnr letter, I told that I remember the letter very well because I had a hard time to obtain this letter, to this day I am struggling with HR of company 1 to issue me a detailed experience certificate instead of service certificate. I told other things also wrt my struggle and ways to obtain rnr letter from HR, which better be confidential. She also asked about the last payment I drew there, I frankly said that I couldn’t remember the exact figure but my basic salary was Rs xxxxx, she then asked to tell gross, I gave a figure and told this doesn’t include variable pay. Variable pay – performance bonus and house rent etc. she asked me about the exact thing I had done and what was my role in that. I explained about building construction and stages involved plus my role in work certification and monitoring wrt quality aspects.

It was raining heavily and voice was disturbed, call disconnected in between, but she called back again and it continued, before call was cut I was explaining about the instruments I used in company 1 and company 2 and what is the technological difference between the two, advantages of one over other. Item in discussion was total station, theodolite and dumpy level.


Company 2
She asked where did I go to after company 1, I replied by telling date of leaving company 1, date of joining company 2 along with name of the company 2. She asked whether I know person Mr Y who has issued me rnr letter for company 2, and how I know this person, I told that I was working under this person and now Mr Y has been promoted and looking after other area, she asked to whom I report currently and what is the name and designation of my new manager. She then asked me to tell about the current roles and responsibilities. I dictated them all. She then asked whether this is a full time job or part time. She asked me about the salary I am getting for past three months. I told her net and gross figures, not exact but correct to thousandth place. She then asked to explain what I do, and once again reminded not to refer any document. This time I assured her that I am not referring to any document. I told my current roles how I do, what is the need of my role. She asked whether I am doing the same thing or something else, I told that one activity is over and I am controlling next activity.

Call ended with the word that this is all the information we needed, department shall contact you again if any further information is required.

Once again I have an intuition that there will be more verification wrt my visa application.

One significant thing – during the conversation, she was carefully noting each and every word I said, she even interrupted me more than twice and asked to say slowly as she is noting down the things.

Total duration of conversation was around 20-25 mins.
Thanks Sultan. Situation very well put in words.. this write up will help other applicants to know how detailed the verification call can be and they can prepare accordingly..

Now let us hope that next would be your Grant

__________________
http://myimmitracker.com - The only Australian Visa Tracker for SC189, SC190, 489 & EOIs, Skills Assessment. Estimate your GRANT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11th May 2016, 08:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 5,374
Rep Power: 306
sultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of light
1967 likes received
125 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Thanks Vikas.... and thanks to the forum and its members for sharing their experiences

__________________

Like the post if it helps you


189 | Civil Engineer

Applied 2015 || Granted - Jan'17 || Validation - Mar'17

Journey is beautiful than the destination
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12th May 2016, 04:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 202
Rep Power: 0
Viaan is on a distinguished road
51 likes received
49 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan_azam View Post


Education
First question was regarding date of birth, then it moved on to educational background, I started with schooling and all but she asked me to tell about bachelors, I told about the college from where I did graduation, she asked whether it was a regular course or distant learning. I assured her that I was on campus for four years and course completed on MM/YYYY.

Does distance education have any problem?

__________________
Accountant General 221111
Total Points - 70

PTE - 12/03/2016
CPA Assessment Submitted - 22/03/2016
Positive Assessment - 15/04/2016
EOI Submitted 189 - 20/04/2016
Invitation Received - 10/05/2016
PCC - 16/05/2016
Wife Indian PCC- 25/05/16,UK PCC-28/05/16
Medicals - 28/05/2016 (Status Finalized - 31/05/2016)
Visa Lodge - 02/06/2016
Immi Assessment Commence Mail- 16/06/2016(CO Lisa Brisbane)
Employment Verification Current and Previous - 30/05/2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12th May 2016, 06:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 5,374
Rep Power: 306
sultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of lightsultan_azam is a glorious beacon of light
1967 likes received
125 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viaan View Post
Does distance education have any problem?
No exact idea about that.

but i think the risk minimizes if the skill assessment body have certified your education equivalent to Australian Standards.
laju1984 likes this.

__________________

Like the post if it helps you


189 | Civil Engineer

Applied 2015 || Granted - Jan'17 || Validation - Mar'17

Journey is beautiful than the destination

Last edited by sultan_azam; 12th May 2016 at 06:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12th May 2016, 06:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 202
Rep Power: 0
Viaan is on a distinguished road
51 likes received
49 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan_azam View Post
No exact idea about that.

but i think the risk minimizes if the skill assessment body have certified your education equivalent to Australian Standards.

Yeah i have got a positive assessment from CPA Australia, just got worried reading your thread

I got my invitation on 10th and i am gathering all documents for the visa lodge.

__________________
Accountant General 221111
Total Points - 70

PTE - 12/03/2016
CPA Assessment Submitted - 22/03/2016
Positive Assessment - 15/04/2016
EOI Submitted 189 - 20/04/2016
Invitation Received - 10/05/2016
PCC - 16/05/2016
Wife Indian PCC- 25/05/16,UK PCC-28/05/16
Medicals - 28/05/2016 (Status Finalized - 31/05/2016)
Visa Lodge - 02/06/2016
Immi Assessment Commence Mail- 16/06/2016(CO Lisa Brisbane)
Employment Verification Current and Previous - 30/05/2017
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12th May 2016, 08:58 AM
kki kki is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Pune
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 0
kki is on a distinguished road
1 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from india. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default Can please tell me the number

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan_azam View Post


This is about verification(s) which I am aware of, which came to my knowledge through friends and colleagues in previous organization.

Verification 1:


An email was sent to HR of company 1, roughly 68 days after visa lodge, the email was generic and requested sanctity of the two letters submitted by self as evidence of employment. HR had called the person who issued me rnr letter asking whether the letter is issued by him or someone else, HR asked him about his signature. I am not sure what HR has replied to DIBP/Aus High Commission, but I think there was something which lured them to go for verification 2.

Verification 2:

Today I had an intuition that I should read the R&R letter submitted by me, but due to some business I was not able to do check that out, however in my mind I went through the images of rnr letter, just mummed the salient points and off to usual business.

I never thought the intuition will become reality.

At around 4.30pm, my phone rang and it was from Australian High Commission, Delhi ( I have the number saved in my phonebook). For a moment I was lost, who is this “Aus High Commission”, what they want from me, then it came to me that I have filed visa and people receive call from Aus High Commission regarding employment interview or verifications. So all my senses came back and started supporting me.

Introduction
It was XXXXXXX on the other side of phone, she enquired whom she is speaking to, then asked whether I have filed a visa application for Australia, I confirmed the same by answering visa subclass I have applied, then she said this is a generic call they conduct for all the applicants to gather basic information regarding employment and education wrt the visa. Furthermore she said she is going to ask some questions for which I am not supposed to refer any documents or any other thing, I replied that I am at workplace/site and it is not possible to refer anything.

Education
First question was regarding date of birth, then it moved on to educational background, I started with schooling and all but she asked me to tell about bachelors, I told about the college from where I did graduation, she asked whether it was a regular course or distant learning. I assured her that I was on campus for four years and course completed on MM/YYYY.

Company 1
She then asked where I went after bachelors; I told about my first job, she asked about joining location, designation at time of joining. I told about the places I have been posted at. She asked whether it was a full time or part time job, then it went on to the RnR letter, she asked me to tell what I did in 1st company, what roles I delivered, I remembered whatever I have written in the letter, I told mostly all the roles/responsibilities I have taken care of during my tenure at 1st company, she then asked me who I was reporting to, at what designation I left that company. One thing was discussed for long – why the reporting manager has not issued me the rnr letter, I gave my reasons, then told about the person who has issued my rnr letter in company 1. He asked name of person I was working under when I left company 1. After a pause she said that I have told very much same as to what is written in the rnr letter, I told that I remember the letter very well because I had a hard time to obtain this letter, to this day I am struggling with HR of company 1 to issue me a detailed experience certificate instead of service certificate. I told other things also wrt my struggle and ways to obtain rnr letter from HR, which better be confidential. She also asked about the last payment I drew there, I frankly said that I couldn’t remember the exact figure but my basic salary was Rs xxxxx, she then asked to tell gross, I gave a figure and told this doesn’t include variable pay. Variable pay – performance bonus and house rent etc. she asked me about the exact thing I had done and what was my role in that. I explained about building construction and stages involved plus my role in work certification and monitoring wrt quality aspects.

It was raining heavily and voice was disturbed, call disconnected in between, but she called back again and it continued, before call was cut I was explaining about the instruments I used in company 1 and company 2 and what is the technological difference between the two, advantages of one over other. Item in discussion was total station, theodolite and dumpy level.


Company 2
She asked where did I go to after company 1, I replied by telling date of leaving company 1, date of joining company 2 along with name of the company 2. She asked whether I know person Mr Y who has issued me rnr letter for company 2, and how I know this person, I told that I was working under this person and now Mr Y has been promoted and looking after other area, she asked to whom I report currently and what is the name and designation of my new manager. She then asked me to tell about the current roles and responsibilities. I dictated them all. She then asked whether this is a full time job or part time. She asked me about the salary I am getting for past three months. I told her net and gross figures, not exact but correct to thousandth place. She then asked to explain what I do, and once again reminded not to refer any document. This time I assured her that I am not referring to any document. I told my current roles how I do, what is the need of my role. She asked whether I am doing the same thing or something else, I told that one activity is over and I am controlling next activity.

Call ended with the word that this is all the information we needed, department shall contact you again if any further information is required.

Once again I have an intuition that there will be more verification wrt my visa application.

One significant thing – during the conversation, she was carefully noting each and every word I said, she even interrupted me more than twice and asked to say slowly as she is noting down the things.

Total duration of conversation was around 20-25 mins.
Hi can you please tell form where did you get the number or how to search it from google or please send the same to my message box of this portal if possible?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12th May 2016, 06:39 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lahore
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0
usman81 is on a distinguished road
12 likes received
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

Hi

My case was lodged in Aug 2015. CO asked for medicals and PCC in march 2016 which i have uploaded too.

Yesterday i got call from Austrailian embassy from my home country and they asked about my job. I told them the company i am working with. They said we were unable to contact your employer thatswhy your case was closed. I then have them HR manager's cell phone number and email address. They called her and verified it.

I dont know the update yet and what will happen next. I am not sure if they were satisfied with it or not.

Anyone gone through same situation?

Thanks
Usman

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12th May 2016, 07:12 PM
FrozenAh's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 251
Rep Power: 0
FrozenAh is on a distinguished road
21 likes received
63 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12th May 2016, 07:14 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lahore
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0
usman81 is on a distinguished road
12 likes received
2 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from pakistan. Users Flag! Expat in australia.
Default

I submitted employment reference letter, salary slips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usman81 View Post
Hi

My case was lodged in Aug 2015. CO asked for medicals and PCC in march 2016 which i have uploaded too.

Yesterday i got call from Austrailian embassy from my home country and they asked about my job. I told them the company i am working with. They said we were unable to contact your employer thatswhy your case was closed. I then have them HR manager's cell phone number and email address. They called her and verified it.

I dont know the update yet and what will happen next. I am not sure if they were satisfied with it or not.

Anyone gone through same situation?

Thanks
Usman

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Tags
employment verification

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live
Expat From Country
Please select the country you originate from. This will appear as a flag when you make posts on the site.
Expat To Country
Please select the country you have either moved to or want to relocate to. This will be presented on the site when you make posts.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spouse Visa - phone records, non-salaried employment, interview Happy2015 Britain Expat Forum for Expats Living in the UK 8 8th February 2015 10:50 PM
AHC London skybluee18 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 1 7th June 2013 09:21 PM
Subclass 309/100 - Spouse Visa processing time - AHC Delhi rinz Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 0 8th September 2012 08:30 AM
Getting back passport from AHC mar309 Australia Expat Forum for Expats Living in Australia 0 23rd June 2011 05:25 PM

FORUM PARTNERS

ExpatForum.com is owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.

Retiring Overseas Guides | Moving Overseas Guides | Cost of Living | Health Care Guides


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
« Back