Wanting to become a UK Citizen - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 28th April 2012, 06:17 PM

nyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond reputenyclon has a reputation beyond repute
938 likes received
92 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in uk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineM View Post
It isn't a matter of just wanting to be a UK Citizen. I mean it isn't like I woke up one morning and said to myself 'I think I want to be British today!'. It is more of a need for my chosen line of work which is linguistics.

I can speak multiple languages including Japanese, Chinese, Russian and Korean. Unfortunatly European languages such a German and French are difficult for me as I see the words and want to pronounce them in the American English way.

I am self employed as I translate business documents between languages on a contract basis.
And those skills aren't in demand in the US?

Quote:
I may be able to set up a business there depending on the level of investment required.
To qualify for a Tier 1 Investor you need to have £1,000,000 to invest in a UK business.

UK Border Agency | Tier 1 (Investor)

To qualify for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur you need have £200,000 (or £50,000 if you have access to some specific sources) to set up or take over a UK business with the point being that you are going to be able to provide employment to UK citizens.

UK Border Agency | Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)