Registering a foreign marriage in the UK - View Single Post
View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 24th April 2012, 08:19 PM
tom_tom_tom tom_tom_tom is offline
New Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 40
Rep Power: 0
tom_tom_tom is on a distinguished road
7 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from ireland. Users Flag! Expat in uk.

Originally Posted by MLH View Post
This may help answer your question:

Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Hmmmm, looks like the option is to "deposit" the marriage in the UK..

But sine one of us is not from the UK this is not possible

To deposit your documents:

you must have been married in a foreign country, but not a Commonwealth country (see list below) or an overseas territory
one of you must be British
you can deposit a civil partnership document from any country in the world (i.e. foreign and Commonwealth countries and overseas territories)

Depositing marriage and civil partnership documents in the UK