Marriage-UK & US - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 15th April 2012, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Bevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond reputeBevdeforges has a reputation beyond repute
3149 likes received
169 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in france.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungle View Post
What is a golden apostille? We were married in the US last year and when the county official was filling in the computer info for the license it would not let her put my husband from the UK. So we had to put him as being from my home town. Should we have them fix it before we fill out visa paperwork?

p.s. Does anyone know what the recent time is for submission to acceptance for spouse visas are lately?

p.p.s. Thanks for having this forum and all the good info!!!
The State Department explanation of the apostille is here: Apostille Requirements

As they say, you generally need to get an apostille of your marriage certificate from the State Secretary of State for the state in which you were married. Google "apostille" and the name of the state where you were married to find the specifics for your state. The purpose of the apostille is to validate the marriage certificate. But I suspect you may need to get back to the county official about correcting the information about your husband, particularly if his place of birth was mis-identified.
Cheers,
Bev