Bear with worms - View Single Post
Thread: Bear with worms
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2012, 06:33 PM

mamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond reputemamasue has a reputation beyond repute
273 likes received
483 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in usa.

When I was in Egypt, somebody brought me 2 one week old kittens they had found in their trash bins.
They were almost dead....one actually died the next day.
I took him to the vet (Dr Sameh in Hurghada) and he told me to feed him baby formula milk....they don't have a subsititute puppy or kitten milk in Egypt...
I was told cow's milk was far too rich... even skimmed.
The vet wormed him, he slept in a huge box with a cuddly toy and hot water bottle, he was fed every 2 hours...I got up in the night to feed and toilet him....carried him round in the daytime in a 'baby sling' I made....
Now he's the biggest toughest 7 year old cat there is!! My best friends in Egypt moved into my flat when I moved out....Jack the cat is still living there with them....he's the most pampered cat in Egypt!!
I guess my point , Janice, is..... We have to pick up the neglect and abandonment Egyptian animals go through... but at least we can make life better for a few!!
Good luck with Bear.....he sounds like a fighter!!