Am I an Illegal Autonomo? - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2012, 04:27 PM

steve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond reputesteve_in_spain has a reputation beyond repute
149 likes received
201 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikpoh View Post
Firstly, your NIE does NOT expire - it stays with you for life. The paperwork may need renewing, but that's all.

Regarding taxes etc. - I assume that you're not paying SS contributions either? What are you doing for health care? As far as I know, you have to submit 'returns' every 3 months so you certainly are in the 'clag'!

I would suggest going to an assessor and ask them for advice etc.
Great minds think alike! I didn't think about SS though... you are right, there will be back payments of that also... so at least a year of 250 a month!

Sorry, not the news you want I am guessing but obviously if you are autonomo you have to pay these things. If you are NOT autonomo then I would have thought one of your clients would have been back in touch saying that the hacienda has rejected the IRPF deductions when they tried to pay them!

The problem with the Spanish tax authorities is they don't tend to write to say "you forgot your tax return: they just leave it sitting and waiting and then sting you... its your responsibility to file them and not theirs to remind you (in their opinion), so get to a professional and get the situation resolved and paid up before it gets even deeper!

Last edited by steve_in_spain; 19th February 2012 at 04:29 PM.