US citizen wanting to marry a UK citizen - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 1st November 2011, 10:09 PM

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
3173 likes received
188 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from uk. Users Flag! Expat in uk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maffayoo View Post
Cheers for the quick response. Just a few more questions if you don't mind...

I know this will obviously vary from person to person, but is there an average time it takes to process the visa? Are there better times of the year to do it for example? And is there a minimum/maximum waiting period?
It mostly varies with the time of the year. Before major holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas or summer, it gets busy and waiting period increases, while at quieter times you can be processed within days. If you pay extra for priority, you will be processed very quickly, currently within 48 hours.

Quote:
What exactly are biometrics? My passport doesn't have the bio thing as it was issued before that came in, but if my fiance requires it, do I?
Your US fiancÚ has to attend a biometric appointment, usually at a location within the same state, to have fingerprints and digital photo taken.

Quote:
Finally, if we got married and I returned to the UK, but then decided to apply for a spousal visa in the US to stay, what would I need to do? As in forms etc?
You will have to give your details under the sponsor's sections of the visa application and supply supporting documents. So look at the form now, see what kind of details you require and start collecting documents (plus a photocopy). Go to UK Border Agency | Applying from outside the UK and download Form VAF4A and guidance notes.