Members Introduction - View Single Post
View Single Post
Old 28th April 2011, 07:48 PM

topcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond reputetopcat83 has a reputation beyond repute
264 likes received
208 likes given

Users Flag! Originally from england. Users Flag! Expat in newzealand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymughal View Post
Hi

My name is Honey and we're looking to emigrate. Our first choice is Melbourne, Aus, but we're starting to consider NZ too. We've two boys 4 and 2 and my husband is a senior manager within a bank. At the moment his commute is horrendous and we really just want to make a change in the way we live ours lives. We've been to Australia so we know what to expect, but not New Zealand, although my husbands brother who lived there for a year raved about it.

Any advice on where to start the job hunt would be much appreciated, I've started looking on the NZ immigration website, and have the list of accredited as we would have to come with a job in place for hubby.

At the moment it seems Australian companies are resisting somewhat taking overseas employers, is this the case with NZ? Sorry I've rambled, if there is another thread on this subject please point me to it!
Our house in the UK is on the market and we're really committed to making a move. Just where is the question...
Hi there - welcome to the Forum. Auckland is more or less on the same latitude as Melbourne, but doesn't have the season extremes (it is wet in winter here though!). All the head offices of banks are in Auckland or Wellington - so I'd start searching there. Look at ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Kiwibank, National, Westpac, TSB. Good luck!