Informaton sought about Public Funds
I am an Indian citizen and have never been abroad yet. I and my UK partner are considering to form a Civil Partnership and for that I will have to apply Spouse Visa (Fiance-Civil Partnership). As far as I've read and learnt the conditions under Fiance Visa will be as under :
1) The Visa can be given for six months and me and my UK partner will have to form Civil Partnership within six months of my stay there in the UK.
2) Me and my UK partner must have met atleast once in real.
3) I will aplly as a Fiance of my UK partner and I wont be allowed to work during my stay for six months.
4) My UK partner will have to give an undertaking to sponsor me during those six months time and I wont be allowed any support from Public Funds.
5) We will have to lve together.
Could you please confirm these are updated conditions and have I left/missed any?
Secondly, my main concern and query is about point 4) above. We're discussing this and my UK partner wants me to get information what kinda support I wont be given from Public Funds. He askes about the NHS and other supports as well. He thinks even though I wont be allowed unemployed allowances but still will have access to NHS and other supports.
Could anyone pelase help us in this?
PS: We are doing some maths for my Visit and Stay cost in toto for six months therein West Cost of Scotland(i.e. Argyll). So, we wanna be sure everything about say, what kinda supports and services could I be allowed etc.
Any help would be so much appreciated.
Last edited by saurabh.the.expat; 16th October 2010 at 05:59 AM.