Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wife Sponsoring Husband

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  VADXB 
#1 ·
Hi All

Just wondering if any of you could shed any light on the following.

1 - My wife's company to be have just informed her that her Visa will state 'Sales', it would have stated 'Manager' as her position is a managerial one, however, due to her not having a Degree, she cannot have 'Manager' in her Visa?

Is this correct?

2 - They have also now decided to inform us that due to her not having 'Manager' in her visa, she will not be able to sponsor me?

Is this correct?

To confirm, we are both British national & her Salary exceeds the minimun requirements to be able to sponsor her husband

Hopefully someone will have first hand experience in this. I have searched through websites to establish the required info, but seem to be getting no where .

Thanks

Craig

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi All

Just wondering if any of you could shed any light on the following.

1 - My wife's company to be have just informed her that her Visa will state 'Sales', it would have stated 'Manager' as her position is a managerial one, however, due to her not having a Degree, she cannot have 'Manager' in her Visa?

Is this correct?
Yes it is correct. For Manager visa you need a university degree; but I know 1-2 people who are managers but since they didn't have a degree are on clerk visa for example

2 - They have also now decided to inform us that due to her not having 'Manager' in her visa, she will not be able to sponsor me?

Is this correct?
No clue here. Usually a man can sponser his family, regardless of his position. He can be CEO or office boy but if his salary is above minimum required he can sponsor his family. It is rare for a woman to sponsor her husband so you have to ask immigration department.

To confirm, we are both British national & her Salary exceeds the minimun requirements to be able to sponsor her husband

Hopefully someone will have first hand experience in this. I have searched through websites to establish the required info, but seem to be getting no where .

Thanks

Craig
Visa title should not be an issue. It is pretty common in uae to have a visa title different from your position. Check my comments in red for details.
Good luck

#3 ·
1- Yes that is correct.

2- It used to be the rule that a wife could only sponsor her husband if she was a Doctor, Lawyer or Teacher. This has recently been relaxed so that a wife can sponsor her husband if she earns over a certain amount. I am not sure if her position affects this ruling, however if her company have advised that it is not possible I would have thought that they have looked into this themselves. If she cannot sponsor you and you are looking for employment in Dubai, you can do a monthly visa run to the Oman border (no great hassle) until you find employment and get your sponsorship. Or pay for extension and do visa run after 2 months.

#4 ·
Thanks for the info guys...I will be looking for employment, so hopefully will get this sorted without having to complete Visa runs

One more thing....Im bringing my motorbike in the container with our other gear....The bike is in my name, with me not having a residence visa at the start, will this cause a problem when the container arrives? Thats if I havent already sourced employment

#7 ·
Craig

I have heard that for wife to sponsor her Husband can be quite tricky. Though I could be wrong, but from what i heard it appears your wife may have to go through lots of paperwork.

Would your wife be working for a free zone company? I heard Visa process at free zone companies can be slightly less hassle compared to the normal companies. Perhaps you should request your wife to discuss this with someone at the HR dept?

As the other poster suggested, you can do visa runs and it may be better for you to look for a job and have your own residence visa.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.