Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Kennels

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  PhotoMan 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody had any experience or advice when looking into possible dog kennels in France? Do they compare well to the UK including prices? I have found France to be fab when I have been traveling with my dogs but there is going to be occasion now to leave with someone whilst we are away. Please can anyone give me any advice/help? Also if there are any recommendation, I live in Orléans but am often travelling into Paris/north coast to travel etc and recommendations are very important. Thanks!

Charlotte & 2 golden retrievers x

#2 ·
Hi Charlotte

I have a small poodle mix who tends to bite our things when we're not home because he is super used to having people around. I've looked around for kennels to leave him in and this is what I've found:

In Paris. there are a bunch of Animaleries by Pont Neuf metro Station going along Quai de la Mégisserie (I'm new here and this stupid thing won't let me paste you a link on google maps)

There were a couple of stores who had kennels big enough for Retrievers but it will put you back around 200E per kennel.

Hope it helps. I still need to get my dog one, but we haven't really needed it. He has calmed down considerably, then again, he's still 1 yr old.

Attachments

#4 ·
I don't have personal experience of leaving the animals - they all travel with me, but I remember seeing loads of signs for kennels in the Pas de Calais departement. I've just Googled "pension pour chien/pension canine" and lots are coming up, so you might have to do some/lots of homework, but they are out there.

hils

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.