New to Japan - View Single Post
Thread: New to Japan
View Single Post
Old 5th April 2008, 12:22 AM

synthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond reputesynthia has a reputation beyond repute
10 likes received

Users Flag! Originally from usa. Users Flag! Expat in mexico.

There are houses with lots of land out in the country too. Just no jobs. On an exchange trip with the International Association in Kitakyushu, we were served lunch at someone's house. There were 30 people in the group, and we all sat around one table in a room made by removing the shoji screens. The newly created room was only about a quarter of the space in the house (half of the downstairs). It was in the country, and down a long lane from the road. Quite a change from the cities.

I probably made that post when someone was asking about housing a large family in, I think, Tokyo. I guess I assumed they were thinking five-bedroom with a reasonable yard, multiple baths, western kitchens, all that stuff. I can't imagine that would be possible in many places.