Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Abu Dhabi, Al Hosn Gas

20K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Oliver1122 
#1 ·
Hi,
I am going to an interview for a job with Al Hosn Gas which provides a salary and housing package.
I am also wanting to take my gf who has a degree in Law but no experience yet and she does not mind working her way up, can you see any problems of her getting any type of job out there and enjoying our lives together over there?
It is going to be a big leap of faith as i am leaving a good job in England for a possible new life over in Abu Dhabi.
Offering $4000 a month plus housing
Any advice or opinions would be greatly recieved
Thanks
James Masshedar

#2 ·
Check out the Dubai forum as well and there will be plenty of information to help.
I very much doubt your girlfriend will be there legally with you as you are supposed to be married if living together & to be resident.
Checks are made the Govt red tape is quite thorough.

Check the housing very very carefully, its now 3 yrs since I lived there, but I would think that reasonable housing for yourself will require about AED 150,000

If housing supplied where is it? Abu Dhabi encompasses a large area, if you are out in Mussafah, its a long way into town for your social life.:)

There is housing and housing!! Do not think its a cheap place, yes you are tax free (as long as you satisfy the UK tax man rules) but a lot of things are clawed back in the way of high charges for state utilities. phone internet booze.

Do a lot of research, best of luck

#3 ·
Hi Mate,

I have an interview with the same company on Saturday this week, far too excited and I feel like Ive jinxed myself by joining an Expat site already :-/ If you dont mind my asking, what position are you being interviewed for?

I'll (hopefully) be going with my wife and daughter and from all the research ive done, it would seem that they have company accomodation that you stay in. I believe that may be optional though. If I get it my salary will also be $4000, but with overtime $5000, so I wonder if we're going for the same job?

#5 ·
Hi mate,

What role did you apply for? I'm still waiting for an offer, apparently we should hear something tomorrow, wouldn't hold your breath though. Welcome to the waiting game.

The offer comes first, the contracts are a while off yet, everyone who was in London is waiting for the email rejection/offer. It's been a long 3 weeks.

#14 ·
That's me got my offer through. It took an age as they were needing references from all of my previous employers, signed and on headed paper. Once this was in place my offer came through and it was as I expected, much too low. Also it had changed to a 5 on 2 off (normal week) then 4 on 3 off.

I'm going to hopefully negotiate a new deal. How'd you get on?

#19 ·
I just spoke to Vish yesterday over the phone. He did not realized me by my name then I have to introduce my self that in HR meeting, as he said that every one is awarded by the grade, my grade was 'A' but still I haven't received any thing, he ask to call him by next week because he expecting one more batch of offer, don't know how many in numbers.

#23 ·
Im here in abu dhabi right now and i just want to ask to our fellow expats..can i apply directly on al hosn gas as a field operator i am currently working on the said gas plant under the supervision of samsung engineering as a plant field operator any idea where can i send my cv? To be a part of this company. Thanks in advance expats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.