I'm after some information in regards any hurdles to watch out for; as I'm looking to come to Dubai for month to look for work in May 2008 with in the IT industry (preferably DBA/Consultant work) over there.
I currently have a mate thatís working over there at the moment (located in the Emirate Towers), in which he's been trying to drag me over the past 6 months.
What I would like to know in preparation is:
- Any or what visas are required to for an Australian to come to Dubai and look for work for 1 month?
- What are best agencies to contact in regards to IT work in Dubai?
- What are the better locations to work in Dubai, in particular for IT work e.g. Internet City Free zone?
- What is the typical wage for an expat with 5 years experience as Database Administrator (Oracle 8i, 9, 10g on Windows and UNIX and SQL Server 2000 and 2005)?
- Has there been any difficulties or tolerance issues for Australians living and working in Dubai?
- What is the age limitation for expats working in Dubai?
- And finally, is there anything I should watch for while looking for work in Dubai?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.