Malaysia Visas, Permits and Immigration

by Jose Marc Castro on August 11, 2009

VISAmalaysia200Foreigner nationals who plan to enter Malaysia for leisure, medical reasons, employment, religious purposes, mass media, business, investment, studies, permanent residency, etc. are required to apply for a visa from the Malaysian Immigration Department and the Malaysian Embassy or Consulate in their countries of current residence.

Malaysia Immigration

Most foreigners are not required a visa when the duration of the visit is less than a period of 1 month with the purpose of business or leisure. The Malaysian Immigration Department will check their passports and other travel documents upon arrival. It is also important for these foreign nationals to follow the conditions and laws governing foreign visits and immigration.

Immigration Laws

The Immigration Act of 1959/1963 is the main legislation in Malaysia handling immigration and foreign employment issues. Included in the legislation are admissions into and out of Malaysia, entry visas and permits, procedures upon arrival, in transit, removal from the country, and other offenses or special provisions for East Malaysia. Other rules and regulations are the Passport Act 1966 and the Immigration (Exemption) Order 1963.

Laws and statutes covering immigration are handled by a number of departments, namely:

•    The Malaysia Ministry of Home Affairs, which enforces immigration laws
•    The Immigration Department of Malaysia, or the Malaysia Ministry of Home Affairs. It functions to take out aliens who lie about their real intentions for entering the country, aliens with a criminal record, and aliens who cannot properly finance themselves.

Individuals classified under Section 8 of Immigration Act 1959/1963 are not allowed to enter Malaysia regardless of a valid passport, sufficient travel documents, adequate funds, and travel tickets.

Visa Immigration Services

Nationals of some countries are required by the Malaysian government to have visas at all times. Included in the list are citizens of Afghanistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Botswana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Republic of Central Africa, Niger, Congo (Rep), Congo (Dem Rep), India, Liberia, Mali, Taiwan, Mozambique, Angola, China (PR), Burkina Faso, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, and Western Sahara.

Visa relaxation for transit in less than 5 days may be granted to nationals of the countries above if they possess confirmed onward airline tickets to a third country before arrival via a Malaysian International Airport.

British Overseas Citizens are also required a visa. Foreigners who intend to stay longer need to write to the Immigration Department at the Malaysian High Commission in the country where they are applying. Nationals of Serbia, Montenegro, and Israel are restricted entry into Thailand unless in transit or staying within airport premises. Foreign women who are 6 months pregnant or more and suspicious individuals may also be denied entry.

Nationals of all ASEAN countries, except Myanmar, are not required a visa if staying for less than one (1) month. For stays exceeding one (1) month, a visa is required, except for Brunei and Singapore nationals. Israel nationals are required visas plus permission from the Ministry of Internal Security. Nationals of the Republic of Serbia and Republic of Montenegro are required visas and permission from the Ministry of Home Affairs.

Types of Visas

Single Entry Visa

Foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia for social visits are issued Single Entry Visas. These are usually valid for a period of three (3) months since the date of issuance. Individuals can only enter the country once. Additional visits will require reapplication at the Malaysian Embassy or Consulate at the applicant’s country of residence. Extensions may be provided after reporting to the Immigration Department at the Malaysian High Commission in the country of application.

Foreigners entering Malaysia not only must obtain a visa but also a pass at the point of entry. This pass is an endorsement on the passport allowing the holder an approved stay in Malaysia.

This matter was discussed in a post in Malaysia Expat Forum last September 3, 2009:


As far as Immigration is concerned, you have the same foreigner status as any other foreigner, assuming that you’re a UK citizen with a UK passport. I’d suggest googling the website for Malaysia Immigration to inquire about changing your citizenship. One important piece, though, that I do know: Malaysia does not recognize dual citizenship, so if you did get approved for Malaysian citizenship, you would need to give up your UK citizenship – probably not a good deal for you, honestly… Many Malaysians would love to get out and get a citizenship from another country – I’ve never heard of anyone doing it the other way around.

Multiple Entry Visa

Foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia for business or government-to-government concerns are issued Multiple Entry Visas. These are usually valid anywhere from three (3) to twelve (12) months since the date of issuance. Those in group tours are not eligible to apply for this type of visa.

Citizens of China (PR) and India are eligible to apply for Multiple Entry Visas for the purpose of social visits. Cost is RM50.00 for Indian Citizens and RM30.00 for Chinese Citizens. Multiple Entry Visas are valid for one (1) year, with each entry lasting 30 days only. Extensions are not allowed. There are two conditions for this type of visa:

•    The applicant must show proof of adequate funding for a Malaysian visit.
•    The applicant must possess a valid and confirmed return ticket to the country of residence.

Transit Visa

Foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia on transit to a third country are issued Transit Visas. However, the visa is not required for foreign nationals on transit who will not leave the airport premises and will proceed to their trip to the next destination with the same flight.

Foreign nationals need a valid passport or other travel documents recognized by the Malaysian government to properly carry out visa applications. Their passports need adequate pages for the embarkation stamp placed upon entering Malaysia. A passport validity of at least six (6) months at the date of entry is required. Travel documents need to be endorsed with a valid re-entry permit. Proof of adequate funds and the onward or return air or sea ticket are also needed.

Applications and queries should be addressed to the Malaysian High Commission. Application requirements include:

•    Passport valid for a minimum of six (6) months
•    2 passport-size photos
•    Fee (in cash or postal order only)
•    2 completed and signed application forms (£0.25 each)
•    Proof of sufficient funds (including the original and photocopy of your latest bank statement)
•    Onward or return air or sea travel ticket or itinerary from travel agent
•    Yellow fever vaccination certificates (required from all foreign nationals of infected areas as indicated by the World Health Organization)
•    Letter of introduction with a copy from the applicant’s employer, college, or university

An expat shared the costs of a social visa into Malaysia in Malaysia Expat Forum last June 24, 2009:

You get a 90 day social visit pass when you arrive in Malaysia – if you’re from the USA, you are visa exempt. After 90 days, you can just head across the border for the day and return for a fresh 90 day visa. You can do this indefinitely – I know many people who have lived in Malaysia for years this way, and I lived there for 2 years just making runs to Singapore every 3 months. Alternately, you can apply for an MM2H Social Visit Pass and Visa. There is a recent thread on this forum with a lot of information about this visa. Note that you do need to make a fairly sizeable investment in a Malaysian bank, amongst other things, to qualify. You can get an MM2H visa regardless of your age. For many people, though, just getting the social visit pass is quite adequate.

Rents are cheap. Even in KL, which is about the most expensive place to live in Malaysia, you can easily find a place for well under 1000 RM a month (about US$300). Look at the on-line listings for apartment rents in the Star and the New Straits Times. Outside of KL, you should be able to find some cheap digs for under 700 RM a month without any problem. However, you will need to commit to at least 6 months and, for most places, a year’s lease. Otherwise, you’ll probably be stuck staying at a hostel. Internet is widely available. I used IZZI, which uses a 4-G modem and has excellent coverage in KL. I think I was paying about 70 RM a month for it. You could also use internet cafes, which charge roughly 3 RM (US 90 cents) an hour. Very easy to obtain – bring your passport. No deposit required, though you need to sign up (and pay) for at least 6 months.


Most people end up living in either KL or Georgetown, though ex-pats are spread throughout the country. Kuching, on the island of Borneo, is another area with a growing ex-pat population. Ipoh, which is very cheap, has a small ex-pat population and it’s a nice place to live, about midway between Georgetown and KL.

Types of Permits

Employment Pass (EP)

This type of pass is issued to foreigners planning to work under contract for a minimum period of two (2) years and earning a monthly income of RM3,000 or more in Malaysia.

Visit Pass (Temporary Employment)

This pass is issued to foreigners planning to work for less than twenty-four (24) months in Malaysia.

Visit Pass (Professional)

This pass is issued to allow foreigners entering Malaysia to engage in short-term contracts with any agency. The validity varies but cannot exceed twelve (12) months at a time. The groups of foreigners eligible for application include:

•    Artists
•    Volunteers
•    Members of religious groups or institutions
•    Members of international organizations or agencies
•    Filmmakers, producers, photographers, actors, directors, etc.
•    Invited speakers, educators, and lecturers
•    Equipment installation or maintenance experts
•    Researchers recognized by the Government of Malaysia

Dependant Pass

This pass is issued to spouses and children of foreigners possessing an employment pass. The pass may be filed for application together with the employment pass application, or after approval of the employment pass. The maximum duration of the dependant pass should also be aligned with the duration of the employment pass (around 2 years).

Spouse Permit

This permit is issued to foreign spouses married to a Malaysian Citizen. The duration is between six (6) months and two (2) years.

Student Pass

This Pass is issued to foreigners enrolled as students in any recognized and approved educational institution in Malaysia.

Training Pass

This pass is issued to foreigners entering Malaysia to undergo training for a period lasting no more than twelve (12) months.

Malaysia My Second Home

This program is promoted to foreigners that meet a particular set of criteria, often for a period of ten years and renewable. This allows foreigners to bring their spouse, parents and children.

This permit is issued to foreigners looking for a long term social visit in Malaysia. Duration of stay is anywhere between 5 and 10 years with a multiple entry visa. However, foreigners are not allowed to work in the country.

All professional employment permits and passes should be applied for and related to local legal entities in Malaysia. These include:

•    Private limited company
•    Representative office
•    Regional office

Private Limited Company

The company is required to have at least two resident directors with a completely paid minimum capital of RM250,000. Additional requirements may be given such as specific licenses, additional fully paid capital, and a minimum Malaysian or Bumiputera equity depending on the number of employment passes needed and the activities of the company.

Representative Office

The Representative Office is owned by a foreign company approved and recognized to gather relevant information on investment opportunities in Malaysia. Included areas and activities are the manufacturing sector, Malaysian products export promotion, product research and development, and bilateral trade relations.

Regional Office

The Regional Office is owned by a foreign corporation and functions as the coordination center for the corporation’s affiliates, agents, and subsidiaries in Southeast Asia and the Asia Pacific. The office is responsible for specifically assigned activities by the corporation in the region where it is located and currently operates.

All applications for passes, except for the purpose of business or social visits, should be made before arriving in Malaysia. Sponsorship in Malaysia is required for all applications, with the sponsors agreeing to be responsible for the maintenance and repatriation of visitors if needed.

Besides a visa (if required), foreign nationals need to obtain a pass or permit at the point of entry to be allowed to temporarily stay in Malaysia. The pass serves as an endorsement in the passport indicating permission to stay over an approved purpose and duration of time.

{ 90 comments… read them below or add one }

Sue November 12, 2009 at 9:29 am

Hi,im Malaysian and i am going to Kuwait for 5 days visit. Do i have to get a visa from my country Malaysia or can i get it upon my arrival in Kuwait? Do i have to pay to get a Visa there? Please advise me, this will be my first time traveling out of Malaysia.

Thank you


faizan October 25, 2011 at 5:38 pm

i have to ask that i hve to go to malasiya from pakisan karachi first tym i am going to malasiya for business of construction please frnds tell me abot emagration………………….


arlyniman February 2, 2012 at 11:34 am

hi i'm lyn a pilipino nationality,i've been working in kuwait before as a staff nurse for more than 8yrs,as for me if you are going there you must take from kuwait airport automatically they will give you a visit visa from there…well enjoy your holidays and i know you going to enjoyed it coz kuwait is a very nice and fantastic place,but now i'm here in your country as well…tq


Rehan June 1, 2013 at 6:42 pm

hi, i suggest you must visit or call Kuwait embassy in your country to find out the latest infos. their rules keep changes.


YUSUF ABIOLA November 13, 2009 at 10:31 am

hello i am Yusuf from Nigeria,please what is the Basic travel allowance to enter Malaysia on a social visit.,i would really love to heat from you ASAP.Thanks


Kingsley June 20, 2010 at 2:18 am

Brother i will advice you dont use social visit, just use student permit and enter Malaysia it will be more easier for you. i am here in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.


israel September 27, 2010 at 11:23 am

hi brother,
please i just got a malaysian social visa and i will want to make some enquiries.

please i need you to advise me cause i am coming there to search for greener pastures.

please send some advuise to my email

God be with you too.


Bill September 24, 2010 at 1:44 am

Dear Yusuf,

Are you coming to visit or study here in malaysia?


Uzor Theodore March 5, 2011 at 7:44 am

Upon arrival, the immigration officers will require that you have about $1500, but having up to $2000 will land you on a safe side.


Ching February 11, 2013 at 6:57 pm

hi! Im also worried becasue my fried told me that the immigration will ask me if i'm employed or not. I am unemployed at the moment. what should i do. My flight will be on March 8 to April 8. Pls help me. What should I do.


john July 10, 2012 at 6:51 pm

to be on a safer side,just hold like 2000usd. and also make sure u have hotel reservation.. but just have it in mind. no greener pasture in malaysia oo.. them done lie blacks. so if ur coming here,u shld know ur coming to see people that hate blacks.


Marshal.Challa November 16, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Iam Marshal Challa and have a employment contract with Caltex Oil Company ,Malayasia..I would like to know the minimum time period to get a Permanent Work residence for me and my spouse and the cost for the same.


esther November 17, 2009 at 6:30 am

hi, i'm esther from malaysia. my brother was married his wife who was a citizen of china. i would like to know waht is the procedure for his wife to get malaysia visa & become malaysia citizen? thanks


doreen March 6, 2011 at 9:05 am

hie esther my name is doreen am trying so hard to come to ugandan.i reall need a citizen of the country to help me out can you pliz get in touch with me.besides we can be friends in the long email is i will be so glad to hear from you.take care


Thang Za mung November 17, 2009 at 11:04 am

How to check the permit is right or not, anything website for check passport work permit


kamal deep singh November 27, 2010 at 3:59 am

can u tell me how to check the permit.?. some time ajent not give orginal.can u help me.


Lisa March 15, 2011 at 11:02 am

Every work permit has the "employer company name and address"
on work permit sticker. You just read the name on Work Permit and contact directly to the company. If the company is existing and address is valid then it means the work permit is valid. Even you can hire Professional Consultants who may get all verification. You may contact QADKAM Sdn Bhd at 10-3B, Jalan Pandan 2/1, Pandan Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Tel: +603 92 875120 Mobile: +60102985120) for verification. Furthermore, this company may also help you to register new company on which you may get other work permits.


muhammad arif November 18, 2009 at 11:06 am


i visited malaysia in last november 2008 then i formed my sdn bhd there , two time my application has been rejected, what should i do…..???


Bill September 24, 2010 at 1:22 am

Hi Arif,

Your problem maybe from the documents that you presented to the Immigration Department, you can drop me a email and we'd see what can be done my address is


Lisa March 15, 2011 at 11:12 am

Immigration Department has clearly stated the requirement to apply work permit on company. If your company has "CASH" Paid UP capital of RM 500,000 (minimum) then you can apply Work Permit. But if some one cheater has incoporated your company with just AUTHORIZED CAPITAL then you cannot apply work permit. Because for Work Permit you MUST SHOW at least RM 500,000 CASH to register the company. Tis detail appears on Form 24 SECTION "D" that how much the capital of the comany is PAID UP. If there is clearly written "RM 500,000" then it's ok but if is written only 5 or 10 or 50 it means only RM % or RM 10 or RM 50 you have the CASH. So such company cannot apply work permit. For Work Permit, company MUST have RM 500,000 CASH PAID UP CAPITAL. (Nornmally it happens only to Pakistani people becaue they NEVER contact to Professional Companies. They always prefer to go to "Flyinhg Agents" who even don't have Office or any license. Most such "Flying Agents meet them in Restaurants. (sorry for hard words!).


Salahuddin Ayubi April 14, 2012 at 10:20 am

You never mentioned which application you are talking about..?? Is it for Professional Pass ur applying as Director of the company..?? If ur company is 100% Foreign u need to show money in ur malaysian company account RM.500,000 & if its Foreign & Loca than RM.350,000.. This is the only way you can get ur Professional Visa or Director Visa approved..

If you registsred this company through some AGENT.. then go back to them & ask him to DEPOSIT this money also bec'se AGNTS just register the company & will never tell you requirements for VISA..


pradeep November 24, 2009 at 12:35 pm

i am atemporaryvisit pass can i convert my indian lisence to a malasyian one


Jack November 26, 2009 at 3:06 am

I have a Chinese national girlfriend who intends to work legally in Malaysia. Is that possible? What if we get married one day? What are the things needed to be done?


Will May 23, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I'm facing a similar situation. Wanted to know more of what can be done.


Saju November 26, 2009 at 5:55 am


I have recieved an appointment/contract for 2 years from Exxon Mobil oil company in malaysia.There were no interview happened.Only Resume submission and online interview questionare filled.Is it a genuine one? Im told to sign the contract and send it back to process the visa clearance from emigration department.Please gimme a suggestion


Muhammad Asif July 14, 2010 at 10:25 am

Hi ,
Dear Saju
I am send the mail Muhammad Asif from Syria.Like you send me Malaysian Petronas Company appointment letter and tell me u are send fees immigration office $965USD but iam confeused please help me thisis truth or Froad pl guid me.
Muhammad Asif


Shaji mon July 20, 2010 at 6:43 am

Hi dear the same happened with me, with lots of big words. Kindly please let me too know as soon as you get an answer for this.


Bill September 24, 2010 at 1:28 am

Dear Muhammed,

Please do not send that money, it is a fraud. Malaysian Petronas does not require you to pay any fees if you have been given and employment. I have heard of many people that have been victims to this scam. If you have any other questions you can email me


selvakumar October 27, 2011 at 4:52 am

Please dont come this is fake


fakhrulsalam December 3, 2009 at 5:14 am

i have been giving the passport and attached with four photo ,,,, for visa reciveing when i have recivied this visa aaaa


Roma December 4, 2009 at 7:14 am

hello Saju,

I had also receive the same kind of offer from the same company, they referred me to an immigration officer that requires me to send money thru money transfer. I began to doubt the legality of the said transaction so i research it in net and found out that there are scams circulating from Malaysia hiring thru net.

I also hope that we can have a clear answer in this .


Aamir September 18, 2010 at 10:04 am

Sallam..I had also receive letter from caltax oil ltd now they want 580 USD for immegration what i do can u help me plzz.i doubth that it is fake.plz reply me on my email address


bill September 24, 2010 at 1:30 am

It is a scam,

i stay in malaysia and there is no such thing, its a fraud


ali rind December 7, 2009 at 8:40 pm

i wanna move to malysia for decent job can you help me out in that regard


mark December 13, 2009 at 7:01 am


Im currently working here in Malaysia in a MNC, employed through an agency. Meaning I'm working as a contractor, bound for 3-year contract. I'm working for about 2 years and 9 months already so I still have 3 more months left before my 3-year contract with the agency ends.

Now, I happen to find a permanent job here in Malaysia, I mean I'm offered a permanent job in another company as a direct employee. My friends told me that theres an immigration law here in Malaysia that before you can proceed with a new job. You need to go back to your place of origin and tender the cooling period of 6 months, is this true? and by the way I have come to know that this cooling period can be waived with a "release paper" from my prevous emplyoyer or agent.

Now, I'm planning to resign which in my case I need to pay the remaining months (3months) of my 3-year contract and tender a 1 month resignation notice. My problem now, I asked my agent about the release papers. They answered me that they wont give me, and I asked why they replied that its case to case basis. But I told them that why I will be deprived of that document when in fact I will pay for my breach of contract worth 3 months, clear my tax here in Malaysia and I will tender 1 month resignation notice.

Can somebody help me on this? or can I bring this to court and sue my agent? Please help me on this and where to ask for assistance. Thank you very much.


gcd October 22, 2010 at 8:19 am

same happen to me


Salahudin Ayubi April 14, 2012 at 10:12 am

The company is bound to provide you this paper since you are filling up the damarages by paying them.. The Agent agenda, as usual seems to gather some extra bucks as they can see a good potential client who can be a next CHICKEN for them to be fed upon..

You can address your case directly to the Immigration of Malaysia & you can get a genuine lawyer to send a notice to your agent & employer.. But first you should talk to your employer about it & you never mentioned anything if u have spoken to your employer or not..??


Yasir December 23, 2009 at 3:24 am

Hi, I am in Malaysia right now i am getting a visit pass from some local company here, so with this visa can i apply for my wife & children's visa to be here with me….


Bill September 24, 2010 at 1:17 am


You cannot apply for visa for your family with a visit visa, you need to have either a work or study permit to do that. For further questions you can email me


TEOH SEOW PIN December 27, 2009 at 6:23 am

How to check the permit is right or not, anything website for check passport work permit


sebeslien December 28, 2009 at 6:53 am

I had a niece from china study in singapore ,hading a singapore student pass ,we would like to bring her along with my family(singaporean) to west malaysia for sighseeing for 3 day stay ,do she need a visa to enter malaysia, thanks for help


yoki December 31, 2009 at 2:27 pm

Happy new year!
I’m under an employment pass visa and will be expiring on march 2010.Can I still travel in and out of malaysia before my visa expires?How does it take to procees the renewal of my expat visa?


shah, said bakhti January 2, 2010 at 5:55 am

hi, i got three years contracted with KRIS KANGSAR SDN BHD(out sourcing). now i want to cheack my approvel status. pls give me a suggestion.


R.P. Naidu January 6, 2010 at 11:17 am

Hi, i am malaysian. I have a girlfriend from the philippines and which we have planned to get married. We have planned to get married in the philippines. I am separated from previous marriage but have not done any legal separation yet. What are the procudures and steps need to be taken for my future wife to be in malaysia legally. Please advice me….thank you for your kind co-operation.


Bill September 24, 2010 at 1:48 am


A legal seperation or divorce has to be carried out first before you can proceed with marrying your girlfriend.


rizwan hussain naqvi January 7, 2010 at 6:04 pm

hi i m rizwan live in pakistan karachi i wana do something for my faimely if there any job so please mail me on my id i'll b thank ful to u i have fedup here so i wana go malysia for do some thing for my future any job there for me .?


ali January 11, 2010 at 7:58 am

hiiiiii i am ali i want to do job in malaysia so which visa is good for me


warren egginton January 16, 2010 at 5:13 pm

my wife is malaysian living in england.our 2year old son is english.and so am wife wants to go back to sarawak malaysia for 1 year plus can me and our son go for the same time.and what visa do we need.


Bill September 24, 2010 at 2:15 am

You would need a spouse permit. Duration is from 6 months to 2 years. Cheers.


Veronica Nolan November 8, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Hi Warren

I hope you have sorted your visa out. I'm just wondering if you would mind writing to me to tell me how you got on. I am Malaysian from Kuching, Sarawak. My husband is English and so is our son. I would like us to move back there for my mum. I hope you wouldn't mind sharing your knowledge with us. Thank you in advance.


shakeel ahmed butt January 17, 2010 at 5:43 pm

shakee ahmed butt
our plain i have a long tirm visa for malaysia i wanna move to malysia for decent job can you help me out in that regard.


krishna January 18, 2010 at 3:20 pm

haiiiiiiiiii i m krish from nepal.i already work company in malaysia 4years so i again want to work so what can i do for it which visa will able to me plz suggest me.tq


cyrus goon January 19, 2010 at 6:21 am

i will like to apply for business permit in Malaysia…i have a business with a company over there in malaysia i will like to know the requirement please do suggest to me how to get a business pass in Malaysia thank hope to hear from you soon


Bill September 24, 2010 at 1:57 am

Hi Cyprus,

Its is possible to obtain a Business Visa here in Malaysia, but ofcos there are different criterias you'd have to meet. Do drop me an email at, so that I can forward you the list of requirements. Cheers


tran thu do January 22, 2010 at 4:01 pm

hi , i have working in malaysia 3 year contract with tepanyaki , i go back viet nam now i want come back malaysia can i make permit , if can plese have me know . how i do


KARTHIK January 24, 2010 at 11:34 am

I am currently working in India in HR dept with an experience of nearly 5 years.
I like to work in Malaysia.
Pls advice how to get a job in malaysia….
thanks in advance..


HENRY ENSOMO January 26, 2010 at 8:26 am

To: Malaysian Immigration Department

Subject: Inquiry


I woul like to know if the e-mail address, is the official email address and the access to which I could process my work visa permit for job at Caltex Oil Malaysia. I was offered recently by Dr.Razak Mohammad,a Recruiting Manager of Caltex with an address at Level 3Tower and Annex,Menara Millinuim,8 Jalan Damalela,50490 Kuala Lumpur Tel. +60162539416. Kindly, if you have information regarding this people,tell me about them if they are not fake.

Yours truly,

Henry Ensomo


Bill September 24, 2010 at 2:12 am

Dear Mr Henry,

I live in Kuala Lumpur, let me highlight why the email you recieve is fake

1. The email address is "" meaning it is a private account on MSN, an email from Malaysian Immigration would say ""
2. Multinational companies like Caltex NEVER use phone numbers beginning with "016 or 017 or 013 or 014 or 010 or 019 or 012" these are all private telecomunication providers use by normal people. Caltex's number begins from a "03 — — —"

Visit Caltex's link and see what they have to say about the SCAMS targeting innocent people like you

If you have any further questions my email is



scha March 7, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I don't think it's true.It's probabbly a scam.Just ignore the e-mail.


Jeevanandan January 28, 2010 at 4:26 am

Sir, I am traveling to India, Indian National, Valid work visa from Indonesia- Jakarta. My ticket is from Jakarta to Malaysia, Malaysia to Trichy (India). I will be in malaysian airport for 5 hrs for a transit. Do i neet to have a Visa for a 5 hrs in airport. Or on arrival can i apply pass in malaysian airport.

Suggest me, What do i need to do ?

Thanking you,


Shah Shailesh January 28, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Hi, i am looking for an advice to bring my inlows in Malysia for 3 to 4 months. which kind of visa i should apply? they are Indian Citizen. is a social visa is adequate? will Malaysian Immigration will allow them to stay for 3 -4 months? other wise which type of visa should i ask them to apply? pl help.


Loh PL January 30, 2010 at 5:25 am

I have two Thai worker are already in Malaysia. I would like to apply work permit for them. What’s the procedure I should do? & how much perperson approximately I should spend? Thanks


Farshid Mahmodi February 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm

hi, dear, I am a student of UPM, I applied for pass and visa about a last month via international office my university, because my child is sick, I want to come back to my country, please if it,s possible for you issue my pass earlier, thanks so much.


fazli azim February 6, 2010 at 8:04 am

i am physical therapist and want to malaysia immigration .


qaiser January 25, 2011 at 1:11 am

which country u belong???u can get work permitt but not permanent immigration


fazli azim February 6, 2010 at 8:07 am

i want to immigrate malaysian.i physical therapist.


Bhaskar Reddy February 8, 2010 at 3:03 pm

Iam an Indian citizen,can I be issued UK work permitt from Malaysian embassy if i already had a multiple entry visa to Malaysia.Please tell me is there any option to do this.


Kesego Portia Brooks February 8, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I am from Botswana,study in Malaysia,my friend studies in the Uk,but he is from Botswana,he wants to visit,does he need a visa to come to Malaysia and how long will he be allowed to stay in Malaysia?thanks


Naseem Bazai February 11, 2010 at 9:45 pm

I am from Pakistan and I want to get permanently settle in Malaysia and to get work permit and I also want to keep my studies continue their. I dont know any thing about the immigration procedure, now could you please help me in this matter? I shall be very thankful to you for this act of kindness.


rizwan hussain February 23, 2010 at 6:06 pm

i m from pakistan karachi i wana make my future for my famely suport i want work permit with job with low cost cause i belong middle class famly i will thankful to u if u give me any opportunety.
i m so hard worker n punctual of my work.
thank u so please do something for me. rizwan hussain naqvi


azar February 25, 2010 at 5:05 pm

hi friend!

Im azar, from india . I'm working in malaysia.Now im in india as a vecation. Now i have problem with my passport.IT'S FOLD IN WATER. my pemite still 10 months. i dont know what i have to do please help me.



ponnumoni anisheela March 1, 2010 at 6:23 am

hai sir,i am a S pass holder working in singapore. i am travelling to ticket is from singapore to malysia, then malasia to Trivandrum(India).i will be in malaysia airport 5 hrs. same way i come back from india to malaysia, then malaysia to singapore. do i need to take a malaysia visa for 5 hrs to stay in airport.please help. THANKS.


DURAI October 23, 2010 at 12:51 pm



Uzor Theodore March 5, 2011 at 8:06 am

No, you don't need a visa to stay at the airport in Malaysia for the 5hrs, but you must possess a valid onward flight ticket to another country.


Jeshurun March 4, 2010 at 12:56 am

Hi, am Jeshurun, a citizen of India, pursuing Master in Information Technology professional, in Australia. Am wishing to migrate to Singapore or Malaysia on PR. So can you plz advice me with some suggestions?
Thank You,


Ryan Lau March 15, 2010 at 4:04 am

Hi some one enlighten me

I came back to Singapore on a bus during the early morning. Probably i drank a bit too much and slept without going down the bus to have my passport stamped.

My friends advised me to go to Malaysian High cmm. I went but was told I have to go back to JB to get it endorsed.

Will I be fine or in trouble?

any one please advise


Syed October 31, 2011 at 3:25 am

you will need to do the police report first before going to get the endorsement


alam March 20, 2010 at 11:22 am

hi i am alam pakistani working in malaysia. now i have a company with the capital of rm.100000 . how can i get the business visa in malaysia…. what is charges of it all.


maria March 22, 2010 at 1:29 pm

I have received an appointment letter and a letter from the malaysia embassay.

the company's name is – mobil oil & gas company , malaysia.

please also let me know if this is a valid appointment letter and the immigration team is asking $670 USD for processing the documents.

Please revert


Bill September 24, 2010 at 2:20 am

Dear Maria,

It is a SCAM. Mobil would NEVER ask you to pay for processing fee. Go to ExxonMobil's website a read about this fraud by yourself



Bill February 2, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Hi Maria,

That letter you have is not real, I live in Malaysia and there are so much scams using Mobil ltd. Do not send them anything.


Taoufik ESSADIKI March 23, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I am from morocco and i want to travell to malysia for marriage purpose .. i met my fiancee, who is malysian citizen, by internet and want to live permanently there after marrying her ..
What kind of visa do i need to prepare before travelling there and is it allowed for me to work there where i will live with my future wife ?


Ali June 2, 2010 at 11:25 am

if you go to malaysia you can not stay permanantly unless you bouth marry thene you can go applaying a social visa pass if you are not marry so you can only visit for 3 months max

hada makan 🙂


SONNY BOY March 25, 2010 at 6:42 am

I received also a letter, the same with maria and saju from Mobil Exxon oil and Gas company in malaysia, and i found out that that they are collecting USD670 for the processing of visa…this recruitment is FAKE!!!


amir mukhtar March 31, 2010 at 6:12 am

i m english language teacher and ielts teacher in pakistan i need work permit i want to teach english language and ielts in malaysia would u please help me in this regard i have master degree in english


Mrs. Tanveer Khan March 31, 2010 at 8:09 pm

Respected Sir,

I Mrs.Tanveer Khan beg to say that I am a resident of Pakistan and i am in search of a suitable and respectful job such as teaching in your country, I am also myself a teacher having qualification Bachelors in science including subjects

Geography,Geology and Chemistry.

Kindly help me how can I get a job in Malaysia.

Best Regards.

Mrs. Tanveer Khan.


Hassan Nazil April 5, 2010 at 3:07 am

Dear Sir

My wife is planning to go to Malaysia for study from july 2010 to 214 and we are from Maldives. She wants to take her 3years daughter and also she need to take her sister to look after the baby. so please advice me how and what kind of visa does her sister can get

thanking you


Emy October 7, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Let her sister come in with a visitor visa but on arrival your wife will apply for a dependent pass for her. so easy not a problem


vinu April 6, 2010 at 4:15 pm

hi i m married and i have 2 child i want to live in malasiya what is the easy procedure of immigration and is it right 4 me


Emy October 7, 2011 at 1:07 pm

you can apply for Malaysia my second home. Visit Malaysia Immigration website ok


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: